2. replace bulb or wiring (1 reports)
1999 Ford Windstar electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Ford Windstar:

1999 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Sep 052008

Windstar LX 3.8L V6

Just got a new engine, new brakes, 4 tires, and now I find out on way home from work @10:30pm I have no brake lights. I'm a single mother of 2 I can't afford to be getting pulled over or getting tickets....I tried to replace the bulbs, its not that, I tried to replace the fuse it's not that, when is enough going to be enough?

- , Trenton, NJ, USA

Nov 092007

Windstar LX 3.8L V6

The passenger side brake light stops working even though the bulb is fine. There seems to be corrosion on the contacts which is really a design problem with the van. At this point I have given up on a fix because it keeps occurring. van has 154k now it needs to go.

- , Middletown, OH, USA