1. had to replace spring and tire (1 reports)
1999 Ford Windstar suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Ford Windstar:

1999 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Dec 232008

Windstar 3.8L V6

I was very lucky that this happened when I was driving under 50km/hr. If this had happened on the highway it could have been deadly.... I couldn't steer the van. 1998 Ford Windstars had a recall to fix this exact problem as it was deemed a critical safety issue. The 1999 models don't have this recall, however, and when I contacted Ford about this they told me that the problem had been resolved in this model which begged the question then as to how this happened to me. Very costly to repair and I replaced the spring on the other side just to be safe.

- , Stratford, PE, Canada