7.7

1. repaint roof (4 reports)
2000 Ford Windstar body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Windstar:

2000 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Apr 012011

Windstar 3.8L

Horrible paint in large patches coming off roof and in smaller half dollar size area on hood. can flick it off with your finger. is carport kept so no hail or other damage could have caused this. is definitely a factory default

- , Benton, KY - Kentucky, USA

Jun 012004

Windstar LX

I was looking out my window and saw that the paint on my roof was coming off so I took it to my local dealership I got a hard time because my 3 yrs was up but my 36000 wasn't well have some good fighting I got it painted but only the top now the top of my rear door is peeling and I am up sh*ts creek this is just very poor product I will never buy a for again

- , Waltham, MA, USA

Jun 012008

Windstar LX 3.8L

The paint on my van has nearly peeled half off the roof. I already painted the hood for the same reason. This is really annoying. Otherwise a fairly good van but looks like hell with the paint coming off.

- , Halifax, NS, Canada

Feb 282007

Windstar ES V6

This is really a pain that the paint on my 2000 Windstar is already coming off. I had to find a paint shop and take time off of work to fix it!

- , Feasterville, PA, USA

Oct 022007

Windstar LX 3.8L

Originally the hood paint was peeling and I had it repaired at my own expense. Now the roof is peeling and it is very noticeable and poor quality.

- , Phillipsburg, NJ, USA

Jan 242006

Windstar LX

Paint is coming off in chunks off the roof. I am very disappointed with Ford's answers on this. They don't want to do anything, even though i have paid a hell of a lot on ext. warranty. I will never buy another new Ford, knowing this is the attitude they take. They want to fix it but charging me about $600, for their inferior workmanship.

- , Stroud, Ontario, Canada