4.0

2000 Ford Windstar brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Windstar:

2000 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Apr 032012

Windstar SEL

How am I supposed to know if I actually have a problem with my ABS or if it's just a weird electrical system glitch that causes the ABS and traction control lights to go on and off?

I need ABS and traction control. If I actually have them, I don't care much about the light. I just wish I knew for sure if they were working before it starts snowing here!!!

- , Incline Village, NV, USA

Jun 242006

Windstar 3.0L V6

My FORD Windstar 2000 have for over three years problem with ABS (yellow light). Always on and off. One day is on, next day is off and stays off for two days . When I brought the van to repair the light was off, so nothing was to fix. Finally we made decision to disconnect ABS . Now with 57,600 miles the transmission went out. We were at a stop sign and when we attempted to drive again the van jolted like someone hit us from behind and then the van would not drive in any gear but reverse. The van needed to be towed. The mechanic discovered that the oil pan gasket was leaking and could burst any time causing more damage. We replaced the gasket. Total cost was $2524.90. We are the original owners of the van and have always maintained it at FORD Dealer. Changed oil every 5,000 miles and checkup as directed in owner's manual. We should not have to replace transmission at 57,600 miles.

FORD Windstar is a lemon car and need to be recall by FORD !

- , Offutt AFB, NE, USA