2000 Ford Windstar drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Windstar:

2000 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Oct 272010

Windstar SEL 3.8L

Have reported to Customer Relations of Ford-they have responded-not sure what course will be taken yet by my Dealership and Ford. On October 4 took to my Dealership for the recall 10S13 Rear Axle -left and right sides-told ok for now-on October 24th received another notice of R/A 10S13-told Ford had seen it on my Ford Home Page and had it checked on Oct 4, 2010 and their prognosis. As to the problem having as to Active Control engaging on just slight bumps -and into an action even on dry surfaces causes car control concerns; had a Rear Right speed sensor replaced by my same Dealership on 10-19-09 at cost to me of $149.19-miles on vehicle then was 112,468. Current miles now at 114,580. In 2009 it was mainly light going on or staying on only. Now the car goes almost out of control--especially when at higher Parkway or interstate type higher speed traveling-at around local highway bumps just the active light on dash goes on. I told Ford that this recent going into mode of action control all after checked my recall on October 4, 2010. We will await the cures and post when occurs.

- , MaysLanding, NJ, United States