6.2

$1,900.00

2. replace door closing system (2 reports)
2000 Ford Windstar electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Windstar:

2000 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Jul 092013

Windstar LX 3.8L V6

driver side sliding door stopped working correctly, it sticks and sometimes wont unlock fully.

- , Noblesville, IN, USA

May 012008

Windstar SEL

I don't know how long it's been doing it for sure, but my passenger sliding van door will close when you push the button, but then immediately open again. It doesn't matter if you push the driver's button, the button on the fob, or the button near the door. At first it was intermittent, but it soon changed to an every single time occurrence. We just shut it by hand every time now. It's annoying.

I wonder if lubricating it or cleaning something would help?

- , Incline Village, NV, USA

Apr 022012

Windstar LX V6

The sliding back doors would lock and no unlock. One side would work and the other side would not work. If the sliding door locked it would not unlock for 2 days to 3 weeks. Then both door would lock and unlock. A week later the other door would lock and not unlock for a day or two or a week then it would unlock. Neither of the sliding doors when locked by power will unlock manually. There is no rhyme or reason for these sliding doors to not work properly.

- , Shelby Twp, MI, USA

Jun 192012

Windstar LX V6

Same sliding doors that will lock and not unlock are now not wanting to stay shut. This is again random. I will either push the shut button and they will slide shut to open again and not stay shut, or I will manually try to shut the door and it will not stay shut. This is a major safety issue and it is just starting.

- , Shelby Twp, MI, USA

Aug 022011

Windstar SEL

I AM 68 YRS OLD. I OFTEN DRIVE GRANDCHILDREN AND GREAT GRANDCHILDREN TO BALL GAMES, PARKS, ECT. I LOVED THE ELECTRIC DOORS. IT IS REALLY A DISAPPOINTMENT THAT THEY QUIT WORKING THE WAY THEY DO.

- , Fredericksburg, IN, USA

Aug 192008

Windstar SEL 3.8L

The rear doors have a problem unlocking with the remote. This gets rather annoying with a 5 year old. This is only one of many problems with the van though.

- , West Allis, WI, USA

Jan 042005

Windstar LXE 3.8L

Took car in due to non working power door locks on both rear sliding doors and the front driver's door. Also had a problem with the check engine light keep coming on. Had already had two oxygen sensors replaced for the engine light with no luck. Supposedly the Ford dealer I took it to replaced the power door lock units in both rear sliding doors and the front driver's door. The engine light ended being a faulty oxygen sensor, spark plugs, a throttle body cleaning, replacement of intake manifold gaskets and I had regular service done at the same time. The day after getting the car back I noticed my tachometer was broken, pinned in the full down position. I took it back and the dealership fixed the problem. A couple f days later I noticed my Trip computer wasn't working properly , it was stuck on Oil Change Necessary and the button controls were inoperable. I called the dealer to see about getting the problem fixed only to find out they had gone out of buisness. I called Ford customer service and was told that they could not do anything about it as each dealership is privately owned and operated. During this time the right rear door started acting up again, so I again called Ford and I again received the same answer. I now have a vehicle that has a broken trip computer that a Ford dealership broke while doing work on my car, and a rear door that works intermittently after that same dealership fixed it. So consumer beware, if you have work done at a Ford dealership and they go out of buisness you have no warranty if anything is wrong with the repairs or if they damaged anything while working on your car.

- , Sunnyside, N.Y, USA

Jul 222007

Windstar SEL 3.8L V6

automatic sliding door stopped working

this is a pain in the ass

- , Claremore, OK, USA

Sep 052006

Windstar

Both sliding doors are automatic and neither work correctly. I took it to the dealership and they told me that I had to take it to a body shop. I did that and they told me it was fixed, but it wasn't. I don't think they knew how to fix it. I took it to another dealership when the second door quit working. Neither one will latch. The ultimate fix would be to replace both systems. I've already replaced one of the door arms that has three ball-bearings on it.

- , Aloha, OR, USA

Aug 202006

Windstar

The sliding doors have been a major problem from the beginning. Now the whole electrical system is falling apart. The auto drivers seat is broke in the furthest position back, neither sliding door will shut automatically and 3 of 4 door locks will not unlock correctly. I will never buy another Ford again, ever.

- , Parkersburg, WV, USA