2000 Ford Windstar engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Windstar:

2000 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Apr 152012

Windstar E 3.6L

Engine started missing. Had plugs, wires, and coil pack replaced. Did not fix the problem.

- , Roanoke, VA, USA

Sep 082011

Windstar 3.0L

As the other guy said about same thing, I've spent lot of money replacing spark plugs 4 times, wire, also new coil pack, new fuel filter twice, check compression and fuel pressure. No luck still have problem, it lopes while idling and hesitates while driving.

Love to know if any fix out there.

- , Neenah, WI, USA

Feb 132004

Windstar LX

The first problem I had was a check engine light and car was missing with a P0174 lean code. I changed plugs and wires and it went away. Then two weeks later I got a P0306. I checked it out and the #6 injector was not working. I used a noid light to check the wires to the injector and it showed good. Instantly it ran great. For about 3 minutes. Then was missing again. This time it showed a P0302. I shut the car off and went inside to cool down. I came out 15 minutes later and the car ran great. Now 2 weeks later I have the engine light on again and a P0306 again. I changed the fuel filter,plugs,wires,checked the coil,pcm connector,and all other connections and have not fixed the problem yet. I diagnosed like the book says and the way a ford tech. said to and still have problem. I'm ready to set it on fire and collect the insurance.(not really)But I'd like to. Can anybody help?I only have 38000 miles on it and I'm just out of warranty. I can't trust our ford people here in the valley. Also,checked the EGR ports and they are clean.

- , Eagle Point, OR, USA