2.6

2001 Ford Windstar body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Windstar:

2001 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Mar 222005

Windstar 6-cyl

On 3/22/05 I was completely stopped at a traffic light with no-one behind my van when my back liftgate window exploded. This is the second window in the past 5 months to explode in my van. (see complaint of incident 10-23-04) the only commonality between these events was that both mornings were cool and the inside of the van had been warmed for 20-30 minutes. The dealer and glass repair company asked if the frame had been bent in the past, but this van has never been in an accident of any kind -not even a fender-bender.

- Bellevue, WA, USA

Oct 232004

Windstar 6-cyl

On 10/22/04 I dropped my child at school, and exiting the parking lot the left rear side window of my 2001 Windstar van exploded. I was in a school parking lot, traveling approximately 10 mph. On 3/22/05 I was completely stopped at a traffic light with no-one behind my van when my back liftgate window exploded. The only commonality between these events was that both mornings were cool and the inside of the van had been warmed for 20-30 minutes.

- Bellevue, WA, USA

Nov 182004

Windstar 6-cyl

While the vehicle was parked, the rear liftgate window shattered twice. With both occurrences, the weather was moderate, parked, locked and unoccupied, no keys were in the ignition.

- Glen Ridge, NJ, USA