2.8

2001 Ford Windstar brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Windstar:

2001 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Jan 142008

Windstar

The brake pressure differential deactivation switch in my 2001 Ford Windstar is faulty. This may create a fire I was informed.

- Lakeland, FL, USA

Jun 242008

Windstar

Brake pressure diff switch is leaking brake fluid on the wires under it and fuses and popping. Odometer, speedometer, A/C, ABS and O/D have all posted as not working.

- Jacksonville, NC, USA

Apr 272007

Windstar 6-cyl

ABS light, red brake light, trac off light illuminated in dash board.

- Schenectady, NY, USA

Jun 172007

Windstar 6-cyl

I had new brakes put on my vehicle (all four brakes) and about two weeks after having them put on I noticed my brakes were wanting to fail. When I go to stop the brakes squeal really bad, are hard to get to stop like I am pushing on a brick (I have to put all my body weight into brakes to stop vehicle) and sometimes will keep rolling. I had the lines checked and nobody can find out what is going on with my vehicle.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA