2001 Ford Windstar electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Windstar:

2001 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Apr 102012

Windstar LX

I hate when my doors do not unlock and I have my baby in my arms and I also have other things in my arms and my doors don't unlock with the remote now I have to put down the baby and hope he don't run off so I can unlock the front doors so my other son can get in the back and pull up on the lock and he has to hold it all the while I am pulling on the door, so then I can chase my other son down to put him in the car seat.

- , Denver, CO, USA

Mar 012008

Windstar LX 3.8L

Key fob won't unlock the doors, then again, sometimes the inside switches don't either. I've had it to where the key fob does nothing at all even standing holding it one foot from the door, with a new battery. Inside the unlock switches don't always open the doors and you have to unlock them with the latch handle. Driver side door lock won't do anything unless the key is in the door, or the window is down so you can reach inside to lock or unlock it via the latch handle.

- , Nanjemoy, MD, USA

Oct 152009

Windstar 3.8L V6

back sliding door and passenger side won't unlock with remote.

- , Ravenna, OH, USA

Nov 012007

Windstar SE 3.8L V6

I might go to the store and the remote door locks work OK! Come out a few minutes later and they won't unlock with the remote. I've tried the second remote with the same result. Either both remotes will work or both remotes won't work. Also, the driver side door latch will sometimes not come up all the way even when the remotes work.

- , Williamsport, PA, USA