2001 Ford Windstar electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Windstar:

2001 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

May 152006

This is one of many problems when I first bought the van within 2 weeks from Pflueger Tony Honda in Waipahu, Hawaii. I told the dealer I want a van with less maintenance. He promised me a reliable van. What a liar! Mechanic checked the diagnostics and was not able to turn off the warning lights regarding the engine and the doors being opened. My doors are all closed. As for the engine, that's another story. It's still needs to be investigated. It won't accelerate good, or it stalls during idling.

The only Ford dealership won't do repair until I pay $250 for the diagnostic testing first before they check to see if it qualifies under the service agreement. They can't guarantee that it will be covered. I can't risk another hefty bill because I'm concerned about paying for the next month's payment. The service agreement was supposed to cover diagnostic testing, but Ford wants cash first. They can't trust their own agreement.

- , Wahiawa, HI, USA