2.2

2001 Ford Windstar lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Windstar:

2001 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Feb 232009

Windstar

Leaking of the brake pressure deactivation switch on my 2001 Ford Windstar causing my cruise control to malfunction and possible fire hazard.

- Macon, MO, USA

Mar 122007

Windstar 6-cyl

In the fall of 2006 I began experiencing isolated instances where the brake lights stayed on after the release of the brake pedal. I first noticed it when the battery was dead by the end of the work day. Frequency increased over the next several months. I found I could resolve the problem by lifting the pedal slightly from behind. On March 12, 2007 the problem began happening with each stop, so I removed and examined the brake light switch. It appeared to be functioning correctly. I examined its placement on the brake booster rod. The wear pattern appeared to be very slightly off-center. I reinstalled the switch, but inserted the spacer insert from the opposite side. When dissassembling, the spacer was inserted from the passenger side. When I reassembled it, I inserted it from the driver side. I have driven the car approximately 1200 miles and the problem has not returned. I have previous experience as an ase master certified mechanic.

- Haltom City, TX, USA

Mar 042007

Windstar 6-cyl

Intermittently, the brake lights stay on after brake pedal is released. This causes 2 problems: 1. the brake lights to stay on while driving, and 2. the brake lights stay on when the vehicle is parked, thus causing the battery to discharge.

- North Royalton, OH, USA

Feb 132006

Windstar 6-cyl

: the contact stated the brake and tail lights will stay on while the vehicle is parked. The lights will go off temporally when the keyless entry is pressed. The dealer replaced the switch and actuator assemblies. This did not remedy the problem.

- Brandon, MS, USA