9.0

2001 Ford Windstar wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Windstar:

2001 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Feb 172011

Windstar LX 3.8L

rear axle rusted might be cracked in half its making a clicking sound in the rear you can feel it on the floor when you hit the brakes , all the brakes are new cant find a problem with the brakes its at the dealer now

- , Bellingham, MA, USA

Aug 212010

Windstar 3.8L

I was fortunate in that I noticed the van handling strangely, as if the rear was hopping to the side over very minor road "bumps", so I turned around & made it the very short distance safely home to find my tires "kicked out" at the bottom as if the rear axle was giving. I looked under to find that it's almost completely split through. This could have been a VERY SERIOUS incident had it broken while going 65 mph on the highway with my children.

- , Northfield, OH, USA