2002 Ford Windstar accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Windstar:

2002 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Nov 152003

Windstar

I owned a 2000 Ford Windstar. The passenger rear door would, upon closing, slide back open frequently. The dealership constantly said nothing was wrong. Finally, we traded in on a 2002 Ford Windstar. Within 1 week of purchase the passenger sliding door began sliding back open upon closing - and would jerk back once closed. We have had it worked on 3 different times. It closes now, but has a rattle in it when driving and when the weather changes it makes loud noises when opening and closing. Once in a while, upon cold start, the cd player will constantly rotate back and forth - while radio is on or off-until I turn car off and open driver door. When parking, I can open driver door, push lock button, then push unlock button - get out and close door. The security system will flash, indicating activation. Keep in mind, the car is uplocked. If I open a door, the horn will begin blowing. As you can see, we have had out fill of Ford. This is a company car and the entire mangement staff is fed up.

- Pearl, MS, USA