2002 Ford Windstar brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Windstar:

2002 Ford Windstar Owner Comments (Page 5 of 5)

Jul 152008

Poor design, placing electrical connection under master cylinder, filled with brake fluid. Caused instrument panel to malfunction, including no speedometer, and left the ABS & brakes warning light on steady. The connecter that got wet from the fluid is charred. This is definitely a fire hazard.

- Neptune, NJ, USA

Apr 102008

Windstar 6-cyl

It appears that I am having a similar problem as other Ford Windstar owners. I have a 2002 Ford Windstar which brake and ABS light continually illuminates. I have not had to replace anything on it yet, but would like this looked into further as it is a problem for many Ford Windstar owners.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Mar 102007

Windstar 6-cyl

IżżM reporting this as a fire hazard. The vehicle was in the driveway and began to smoke. The vehicle is in good repair, not neglected or abused. I located the source it was the ABS module and disconnected the battery until I could make arrangements with the dealer. I drove the vehicle to the dealership. The ABS module had failed and burned the wiring harness. There were no warning lamps or fuses burned. I questioned why there was no warning and shouldnżżT there been safeguards in place to prevent such damage. I asked if there were other cases of the same occurrence and the dealer didnżżT know. I asked if there was someone else I could contact and they told me I could call Ford customer care. The dealer informed me that the dealership and Ford Motor Company are not responsible for the damage caused to the vehicle since the warranty expired and that further damage or fire would result if not repaired. A copy of the invoice for repairs is available upon request. Parts replaced: 1L1Z9F924aa - kit- brake repair 2F2Z2C219ba- control 1F2Z2B373aa - valve asy-motulator 1F2Z14290ca - wiring asy the dealer has the old parts I call and asked them to hold them for investigation. Please investigate my complaint and contact me if you have any questions. IżżM also requesting assistance for litigation if possible to recover the cost of the wiring assembly part #1F3Z14290ca.

- Kempner, TX, USA