7.6

2002 Ford Windstar drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Windstar:

2002 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Mar 212011

Windstar LX 3.6L

This van rumbles and vibrate ,the noises are very loud , it wears out my front tires

It is very awful.

- , Lithonia, GA, USA

Mar 212011

Windstar LX 3.6L

This ford Windstar rumbles and rumbles while i drive, I cant stand it.

- , Lithonia, GA, USA

Apr 302007

Windstar LX 3.8L V6

I had numerous problems with the steering in my van shaking and vibrating until I finally got rid of the factory tires (replaced under warranty twice). All was great for about 15,000 miles and then the ven started making a loud rumbling noise between 40-70 mph. Sounds just like the tires rumbling but I think the problem may lie elsewhere. I put on a set of older all season snow tires I had on before, that did not make noise and now they do. Ford dealer says my tires are dry rotted. I don't see it. Nor do I see how dry rot is going to make that much noise. It is so loud that it's hard to talk to the person next to you while on the highway.

- , Naples, FL, USA

Apr 112006

Windstar SEL

I have not not had any major problems with the van. I put high mileage on it, but regularly change the oil, rotate tires, etc. This just started with new tires and alignment yet they say there is nothing wrong with the tires or alignment.

- , Richmond, VA, USA

May 312005

Windstar SEL

Had front end aligment, new tires, sway bars, new brakes and fuel injectors cleaned. This did not correct problem. The car front end rumbles between 40-70 mph whether on cruise or not. Cannot determine the problem.

- , Kansasville, WI, USA