2002 Ford Windstar electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Windstar:

2002 Ford Windstar Owner Comments (Page 12 of 12)

Jan 022006

Windstar

I bought a 2002 Ford Windstar. It had 53,000 miles on the vehicle. The day I bought the vehicle it was raining and had no reason to roll down the windows and assume the car has electrical problems. The next day after purchase I tried rolling down the window and was unable. I left a message with the sales dept. Now they say they have no record of this. Since this day I have experienced various electrical problems (lights shutting off, doors not wanting to lock/unlock, ABS brake lights on, gas on empty although I have a full tank) I brought it to the dealer for repair states there is a $100 deductible. I feel as though I should not have to pay this, you sold this car to me unsafe. I was told they did not know the lights were intermittently going off/on. So I said you guys are selling cars that are not thoroughly checked prior to selling. Manager told me they just didn't know. But at the same time is unwilling to take care of repairs. I informed these people of this problem the very next day I bought the car. Is this considered a lemon or what?

- Fresno, CA, USA

Jun 282005

Windstar 6-cyl

Total electrical break down come to a complete stop when this occurs and won't stay on( engine) been in the shop for a month and they cannot find the cause

- Bremerton, WA, USA

Jun 192005

Windstar 6-cyl

Door locks are activated and continuously active themselves, locks open and close and chimes for door ajar appears on instrumentation panel. Lights on the mirrors luminate due to car reconginizing symtom of open door, draining battery. This problem first occurred while on an 8 hour drive home from Canada, was brought to Ford, they changed the front passengener sensor claiming car was fixed after 2 days in the shop. 5 days later while enroute to nc, the same problem arose, locks opening and shuttiing and car chimming constantly. Car was flatbedded to a Ford dealership in North Carolina. Car was supposedly fixed, again, after 3 days in the shop. Ten miles bbefore reaching my destination 65 miles away from dealership, same problem occurred again, after the rear sliding door sensor was replaced at this Ford. After numerous attempts at fixing, Ford Motor Corporation, has been unsuccessful in solving this problem. Now security alarm, is activated due to door locks opening and closing.

- Syosset, NY, USA

Mar 152005

Windstar 6-cyl

Cruise control can accidentally be engaged and there is nothing on the instrument panel to alert you that it is on. On 3 seperate occassions I took my Windstar for service. I went to, 2 different dealerships neither one could find the idiot light telling you that the cruise control was on. Finally the second dealership said in the book that comes with the Windstar " there maybe a light or wording telling you that the cruise cortol is on." The keyword is maybe. I've had 2 near accidents because of this problem.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

May 202004

Windstar 6-cyl

While driving 55 mph at night, the headlights and tail lights failed without warning. This caused poor visibility to the driver. However, the consumer was able to maintain control of the vehicle and pulled over. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection. The mechanic informed the consumer that the brake lines needed to be replaced. However, the problem still continued at this time.

- Penns Grove, NJ, USA

Feb 202004

Windstar

Intermittent electrical problems with our 2002 Ford Windstar. We have owned the vehicle 17 months, several months of which it has been in the repair shop. The driver's side mirror has been replaced twice and the driver's side sliding door has been 're-aligned' on numerous occasions. The rear window on the driver's side fails to work on an intermittent basis. Power door lock on the driver's side rear sliding door fails to work regularly. This is a serious safety concern! in the event that I need to get to my kids quickly, and the door did not unlock, there could be serious implications. This problem has been reported to the dealership, in writing, in March 2003 and August 2003. Currently, the dealership showed no urgency in working with us to get us out of the vehicle that is considered to be a safety concern. I am in the process of filing a claim with Ford to try to get resolution. Electrical problems can be near impossible to trace, and can often times lead to fires, or worse, fatalities.

- Cattaraugus, NY, USA

Feb 112003

Windstar 6-cyl

On the date of the incident, I engaged the front windshield defrost button on the ventilation system. The engine immediately stalled, and I lost power steering and brakes. After that, every time the same button was pushed, the engine stalled. This is the second such occurrence, the last time was in April, 2002 when engaging the air conditioner caused the engine to stall.

- Bloomfield, NJ, USA