2. replace gasket (1 reports)
2002 Ford Windstar engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Windstar:

2002 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Aug 012012

Windstar LX 3.8L V6

I take good care of my car don't beat on it. I have a kid, don't work full time anymore because of it. paid a lot of money for this car from the dealership, I really thought this car would last me 5 or 6 years. only had the car 2 years and this happened so now what do I do put the money out to fix the head gasket and hope that nothing else happens, that the car will be good no more problems? or start looking for another car? this time I don't have the money saved to buy a so called good car again, I just have enough to buy someone else's headache. I don't want to finance a new car because with this encomy you never know if your going to have a job tomorrow. then someone comes and takes your car because you couldn't make the payment. I saw this happen to too many people where I live and I don't want that to happen to me . So thank you ford for making an unreliable ford windstar lx 2002 that just made me sick and so disappointed . I Will Never Buy Another Ford Again !

- , Keansburg, NJ, USA

Jan 022009

Windstar SEL V6

This car is prone to head gasket problems. Stay away!

- , Marshfield, MA, USA

Nov 232007

Windstar LX 3.8L V6

65,000 miles, maintained and head gasket goes. Another feather for the great American product known as FORD.

- , Fishkill, NY, USA