1. new transmission (1 reports)
2002 Ford Windstar transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Windstar:

2002 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Sep 012010

Windstar SE 3.8L V6

First of all...I hate this car! Every mechanic I took it to was so shocked to see that a newer car had transmission problems already. 4 months ago there was an odd noise that sounded like my tire was low or some small issue so I took it in. They told me they couldn't find anything so I continued to drive. Then the noise got louder and louder and I took it in again. One test drive and they said it was the transmission. Then I parked it. I then decided to take it in for a second opinion and was told again...transmission. So that was it. $2000 or junk yard. I don't keep $2000 lying around to just hand over. So I couldn't afford it.

If I could go back I would have spent my hard earned money on some other brand car. My father tried to warn me about Fords...should of listened. I should have been able to spend the usual tune up and oil change fees and had a nice car for 5-10 more years but no...I have a pile of s--t sitting in my driveway and it's a better deal to spend my $2000 on a new car. The minivan is only worth $3000 repaired. Why spend the money on repair? Ford you tell me why I wasted my money. You lost me forever. My family needed this car to get around in. I guess my '93 Honda has a better reputation. Funny it's still going strong with no transmission issues.

- , Veneta, OR, USA