7.6

$3,000.00

2. rebuild transmission (1 reports)
2002 Ford Windstar transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Windstar:

2002 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Jun 122011

Windstar SE 3.8L

THE TRANSMISSION IS SHAKING AND RUMBLING ON THE WINDSTAR. WHY ARE THERE SO MANY PROBLEMS AND RECALLS WITH FORD? PEOPLE WORK TOO HARD TO PUT THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY INTO FORD'S CRAP VEHICLES.I GUESS ITS TRUE WHAT THEY SAY FORD STANDS FOR -FIXED OR REPAIRED DAILY/FOUND ON RAODSIDE DAILY...SPELL IT BACKWARDS AND IT STANDS FOR DONT RELY ON FORD...PAINFUL LESSON LEARNED!!!

- , Tifton, GA, USA

Mar 212011

Windstar LX 3.6L

The van o/d light stays on and it jumps in and out of gears while driving.

- , Lithonia, GA, USA

Dec 192010

Windstar SEL 3.8L

When driving at highway speeds and going up a incline it seems to kick out of overdrive but instead of being smooth it is a more of a shutter. Any ideas?

- , Stuart, IA, USA

Jul 172009

Windstar LE

Two gears went out on our Windstar transmission so I chose to replace the entire transmission with a rebuilt one.

- , Deer Park, IL, USA

Sep 282006

Windstar LX

Well the mini van starts shaking over 40 MPH and rumbles between 60-80 mph. One guy told me that could be the transmission torque converter, I really don't know about the solution, and I will like to fix as soon is possible!

- , Miami, FL, USA