1. rebuild transmission (1 reports)
2002 Ford Windstar transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Windstar:

2002 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Mar 192014

Windstar

About six months ago I was still under warranty for the transmission going out 18 months before that - but the tranny shop said what I was feeling was normal - I had to allow the van to re-learn how I drive... Now it rarely goes into overdrive easily. My rpms stay at over 3k instead of dropping to 2.1 or 2.2 k where it sits in overdrive going 70 mph on the freeway. Sometimes I can rev the engine really hard, speed up super fast, get the rmps to almost 4, then let off the brake and it will fall into overdrive. Sometimes that doesn't work. Once in a while, the whole engine compartment thumps and jerks when it finally slips into place.

Yeah, I shoulda taken it back. Thing is.. most mechanics refuse to take women seriously when they KNOW something is wrong! Why is that???

Hoping to trade it in soon while it still runs!

- , Cottonwood, CA, USA