2002 Ford Windstar wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Windstar:

2002 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Jun 202003

While driving my 2002 Ford Windstar I noticed that there was some vibration coming from the front of the car. Once I pulled into our hotel I notice a rattling coming from the left front hub cap. When I pulled the hubcap off three of the lug nut suds were sheared off. Ford fixed the problem but could not tell me why this happened. Thier theory is that the tire was not properly put back on. The only time the tire was off was in July of 2002. My feeling is that if the wheel was not put on properly it would not take a year to notice. I may be wrong but I want to bring this to your attention in case there any other instances of this happening. Thank you.

- Horsham, PA, USA