5.7

2. saturate the rear door latches with wd40 (1 reports)
2003 Ford Windstar accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Windstar:

2003 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Mar 302011

Windstar Sport 3.8L

Appears to be a contact problem on the door. I intend to use hydrogen peroxide.

- , Somersworth, NH, USA

Sep 012009

Windstar

Door ajar light lit constantly. Cleaned all contacts and still on. Door locks do not always operate from key fob.

- , Chicago, IL, USA

Apr 022010

Windstar LX 3.2L V6

I got into my car after church on good Friday and I started it up, I was just leaving the parking lot of my church and I noticed that the interior lamps were on. Then I looked down onto my dashboard and noticed my door open light was on. So I got out of my car and tried to close all of the doors. Nothing, the door open light remained on. Then I proceeded home and as I was driving I heard a sound like the doors were locking and I had noticed the door open light was off. So I got home and I went to lock the car and the alarm test beeped twice. my interior lights remained on. I had to go back and turn them off with the switch beside the steering wheel. All the doors were we locked even though a door was open (apparently). This problem happened to me a few times after this. It seems to happen when it's hot outside. Any connection??? If you have found any solution could you please help!!!

- , Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Jan 012007

Windstar LX

Ford put the sensors for the hatch door by the latches. When they get dried out the door ajar light comes on. saturate the latches with WD-40 and your problem will be solved. I've had this problem for at least a year. I feel like I have a new car now.

- , Abingdon, MD, USA

Jun 062004

Windstar V6

If i re-shut the doors sometimes it goes away, ford dealership couldn't fix

- , Allegan, MI, USA

Sep 112007

Windstar

I recently had put some equipment in the car. I never overloaded it so the doors were hard to close. The door ajar light went on, and stays on. Now my automatic door locks don't work, the interior lights will not go on when a door is opened. And when I use the key fob to lock the car, the horn beeps twice. I wish someone would e-mail me and let me know how to fix this. I have checked every door and they all seem secure.

- , Akron, NY, USA