2. bought new cluster gauge (2 reports)
  3. replaced instrument cluster (1 reports)
2003 Ford Windstar accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Windstar:

2003 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Apr 252012

I will NEVER ever buy a Ford van again....soooo many problems with this van..and it is not even 10 years old, yet. I understand things go wrong with vehicles, but these are stupid, not normal things that keep going wrong! Instrument panel is just the latest. RPM needle is buried in the my speedometer is only reading about half the mph that I am going and the gas gauge keeps messing up. I can't believe that Ford has not recalled this!!!

- , Crestline, OH, USA

May 212010

Windstar LX 3.6L

when this happened i took the front cover off and wedged a thin stip off metal under the tack needle and pushed it back up(as the needle stuck in the full open position.It was ok for a short period and again all the gauges started fluctuating and again the needle stuck.This happened a few times so I just left the needle buried in the full open position???

- , Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Jun 102011

Windstar SEL 3.2L V6

this problem is causing me to miss work and be late on my rent.

- , Kansas City, KS, USA

May 132011

Windstar Sport 3.8L

My odometer stopped working, my speedometer does not register, my overdrive light is blinking and the ABS and Brake lights are on continually. This truck is a nightmare and ford should make this problem go away on thir dime. Will never buy another Ford and the Ford dealership in my area sucks. All they want to do is charge me $80.00 an hour and will offer no Guarantee's.

- , Somersworth, NH, USA

Oct 162010

In October of 2010, My cluster gauge started going crazy, Then stopped working all together. I didn't know how fast I was driving or, how much gas I had in the car. My van is a 2003 ford Windstar. This vehicle has cost so much money, and keeps causing problems, and Ford Headquarters are useless. The cluster gauge, and labor was 725.00 on top of other repairs within weeks of each other. FORD, YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED!!!!!! Make Things right.

- , Westhampton, MA, USA

Sep 232006

Windstar SE 3.6L

While driving the warning lights, activity lights, and function lights would begin to flash on and off randomly. I was unable to determine if I had legitimate warning lights or missing warning lights. I was also concerned that this could lead to an electrical fire. The dealership had to order a replacement cluster and have the mileage programmed. I believe they only charged me for half the labor.

- , Quincy, MA, USA

May 062008

Windstar V6

So many electric problems, tachometer doesn't move.

- , Allegan, MI, USA

Jun 202007

Windstar LX V8

This problem is unacceptable, there has been several cases reported but still no recall, what a crock of crap

- , Painesville, OH, USA