8.0

2003 Ford Windstar brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Windstar:

2003 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Jul 312007

Windstar Sport 3.8L V6

I bought the van in July 2007 and the brakes were spongy. I brought it back to the dealership within days. They said everything was fine. I continued to drive the van for about 9 more months with spongy brakes assuming this was what brakes on a van should feel like. (my first van) Then they really started getting weak. So I brought the van into the dealership. Paid to replace them and then a few months later had to have them re serviced as they were still spongy and now squeaking. To date they are still horrible and now the dealership wants me to put a new spring kit on the back brakes. Again... more money and I don't know whether that will solve anything.

- , Ottawa, Ontario, Canada