2003 Ford Windstar engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Windstar:

2003 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Apr 032016

click to see larger images

engine fire engine fire engine fire engine fire engine fire

The Ford dealer just serviced two safety recalls, i.e. the engine subframe fracture and rear axle on the week on 3/7/2016. I immediately feel the car sway slightly at high speed. I thought it might be alignment issue, so didn't pay too much attention. On 3/29/16, the car sway badly especially when I brake, then I realize something serious wrong. I took a look of subframe and found out one mounting screw is missing, and a sway bar nut is missing and leaving the bolt hanging there. I brought the car back to dealer to get it repaired next day. Then on 4/3/16, my car caught on fire by itself while driving on highway.

- , Lyndhurst, USA