4.0

2003 Ford Windstar lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Windstar:

2003 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Jun 102012

Windstar LX 3.2L V6

I purchased a brand new 2003 Ford Windstar Van and it have been nothing but a LEMON. I have 90,000 miles on it. Brakes replaced at least four (4) times, the ABS/BRAKES/Check Engine lights won't go off and the dealers cannot find the problem so they say neither can the certified auto repairers. I have spent out over $2,000 dollars on this car just the last two years, not including the years 2005-2011 money that I have spent on repairs. Ford really needs to make it right and recall this vehicle.

- , Pearland, TX, USA

Dec 222010

Windstar SE 3.6L

Right front cornering light was stuck on. An electrical maintenance manual I had purchased references the high power distribution box under the hood but I could not get this open. The light itself is encased in the front bumper assembly so I could not simply disconnect the light. Since the Christmas holiday was starting and the service center would be shut down I decided to take it in rather than let my one week old battery get drained. While there they reported other major problems that I am posting separately so as of now there is no resolution or cost to this issue.

- , Quincy, MA, USA