4.3

2003 Ford Windstar steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Windstar:

2003 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

May 012005

Windstar

We have had many different problems with our '03 Ford Windstar. We have had the powersteering pump replaced 3 times. We have had the transmission rebuilt because is quit working. The ABS and brake light on the dash are always on. We can not adjust the temperature of the A/C or heater. It is always cold. The rear air selector switch does not work. The dome lights flicker from time-to-time. The rear speakers work about 1/2 the time. The brakes sometimes make a growling sound when applied. The mechanics can not find the reason for the noise. The rear door indicator switch needs to be replace. When we shut the rear hatch (door) the doors will not lock because it seems that a door is still ajar.

- Dothan, AL, USA

Apr 042008

Windstar 6-cyl

Power steering pump makes loud noises that can be heard over a block away. Had pump replaced twice still makes the noise. Replacement pumps were rebuilt. Also when pump makes noise the interior lights flicker but not all of the time.

- Cape May Court House, NJ, USA

Jan 192008

Windstar 6-cyl

Rainy weather. Power steering failed. Let the power steering belt dry out. Took Ford car to dealer to have it checked out.

- East Tawas, MI, USA

Mar 012007

Windstar 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2003 Ford Windstar. The contact stated that the power steering malfunctioned and a noise was heard coming from the engine compartment while driving approximately 65 mph. All of a sudden, the power steering completely failed. He took the vehicle to the shop and they repaired the power steering. The current mileage was 63,780 and failure mileage was approximately 60,000. The consumer stated wanted to be reimbursed for repairs, however Ford stated will not reimburse the consumer due to the fact the repairs were not made by a local Ford dealership. Updated 09/18/07

- Willsborogh, NJ, USA

Jan 192005

Windstar

Power steering went out in January 2005. From Jan 05 - May 05 rack and pinion has been replaced a total of 3 times.

- Bowie, MD, USA

Nov 132003

Windstar 6-cyl

We purchased the 2003 Ford Windstar in October of 2003. Since that time, the van has been in and out of the shop 5 times because of a loud screeching in the power steering, interior lights flickering on and off (which they told me that they couldn't find a reason for that and that I should just turn the interior lights off so that it dosen't happen), and a thumping in the front end when the wheels are turned sharply. They told me that I should bring the van to the shop whenever any of these things happen since they couldn't figure out what was causing these problems and I have done that. I am currently driving a loaner car from the dealership because the van is back in the shop. I called Ford Motor Company and filed a complaint with them. I need to know why this is happening and what can be done to fix this van.

- Demorest, GA, USA

May 012003

Windstar

Nar 05/21/2003 the consumer has made two major safety related repairs (transmission, and steering pull) made to the vehicle over an 11 month period. Please review for further investigations.

- Sterling , VA, USA