2003 Ford Windstar suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Windstar:

2003 Ford Windstar Owner Comments (Page 6 of 6)

Aug 242010

Windstar

The right front sub frame on my 2003 Windstar corroded causing the lower control arm to separate and wheel to pull out. Lost steering. Also axles shaft pulled from transmission and fluid ran out. Fortunately at slow speed so no accident, but what if I were on a freeway running fast?

- Charing Cross, On, Canada , 00, USA

Jun 052010

Windstar 6-cyl

I have a Ford 2003 Windstar, 83,000 miles, my car's rear axel beam broke in the middle of the road, it cost me to repair it $497 for the part and $275 for labor.

- Albertson, NY, USA

Sep 162009

Windstar

2003 Ford Windstar SE brake and ABS lights on intermittently. The following codes are present: C1226;C1235;C1185;C1198;C1194;C1254;C1246;C1250; and C1242. The mechanic said it appears the ABS control module is going bad or is bad at a cost of $700. I replaced both rotors, drums, right wheel bearing, left inner tie rod and my brakes work just fine. The lights coming on are an annoyance and could possibly cause a fire??

- Eagle Lake, MN, USA

Nov 132003

Windstar 6-cyl

We purchased the 2003 Ford Windstar in October of 2003. Since that time, the van has been in and out of the shop 5 times because of a loud screeching in the power steering, interior lights flickering on and off (which they told me that they couldn't find a reason for that and that I should just turn the interior lights off so that it dosen't happen), and a thumping in the front end when the wheels are turned sharply. They told me that I should bring the van to the shop whenever any of these things happen since they couldn't figure out what was causing these problems and I have done that. I am currently driving a loaner car from the dealership because the van is back in the shop. I called Ford Motor Company and filed a complaint with them. I need to know why this is happening and what can be done to fix this van.

- Demorest, GA, USA

Jan 162004

Windstar

While driving vehicle rocked side to side, and the rear end wobbled.

- Canada, 00, USA

Jul 232003

Windstar 6-cyl

I bought a 2003 Ford Windstar on July 7, 2003. Shortly after I left for pa, for vacation. After one week and a half on was on rt. 380 in pa, as I approched the exit the car started to shake. I did know what was going on, I prayed and got for the exit. At the end of the exit I got out of the car, walked around it and I couldn't see anything. So I thought if I could make it one more mile to the gas station I would be fine. I went 8' and I heard this noise. I got out of the car and the wheel broke away from the wheel. My bumper cought the wheel and dented the bumper. The car was towed the the nearest Ford dealership. They are saying it was soom thing I did to the car, and they will not take responsibility for the car. After many attempts to settle the matter they will do nothing for me.

- Commack,, NY, USA