2003 Ford Windstar suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Windstar:

2003 Ford Windstar Owner Comments (Page 6 of 6)

Mar 012011

Windstar 6-cyl

2003 Ford Windstar. Consumer writes in regards to the performance of the Ford Motor Company and two safety recalls the consumer stated the inspections and repairs were not conducted in a timely, efficient, and responsible manner. The consumer stated when he finally received an appointment for the axle inspection, it was determined the axle was cracked in three places. The dealer did not have the replacement parts and the vehicle was deemed unsafe to drive, and therefore, it was left at the dealer for over a month. The consumer stated he then received another recall relating to the subframe. The consumer contacted the dealer regarding the second recall and was informed they were aware of it and he would be contacted when the repairs for the second recall had been completed. The consumer received a voice mail from the dealer stating the parts for the axle had arrived. However, it was discovered the engine had an oil leak, the sway bar link was broken in the front, the right front tire was badly worn on the inside and the left rear shock was completely blown out.

- Merrimac, MA, USA

Mar 012011

Windstar

Ford Windstar that has had 2 recalls for front and rear axles. Interior lights flash on and off randomly while driving. Doors lock and unlock randomly while driving. Very distracting and dangerous!

- Cutchogue, NY, USA

Aug 142008

Windstar

The front suspension on the driver's side collapsed while we were driving. The wheel well ended up right on top of the tire and we ground to a halt.

- Juneau, WI, USA

Jan 052005

Windstar

Electrical problems that required the replacement of the main electrical harness 3 times, which were under warranty. The interior lights continue to flash and flicker to this day, both day and night, creating a hazard to safe operation of the vehicle. There are also false aleerts of the tire warning system, and other intermittant electrical problems in the vehicle. There is also a noise coming from the front end, which is in the area of the sub frame assembly.

- Ocean, NJ, USA

Oct 192010

Windstar 6-cyl

Sit down, get a coffee, because you will be reading a book. I purchased a 2003 Ford Windstar, with 20,000 miles, in 2005. I've had nothing but major problems. In 12/2008 with 87,205 miles the transmission went, that was $2013, then in 3-2009 check engine light, had to replace gaskets, that cost $500, . then in 10/15/2010 I had to bring van in for different sensors, and ABS light, and emergency brake light kept coming on. That was. That was $232. Then on 10/19/2010 brought van in to the Ford dealer, because none of my gauges work, letting me know how fast I'm going, or how much gas I have. They say it is the gauge cluster, that's $500 alone not including labor, they inform me I have a hole in the left rear axle, and I have to leave the van there, and I may also need a new alternator, and it may takes weeks for the part to come in. That's not including other miner repairs along the way. The best part of all. I still have 6 payments left. What rights do I have? I can't believe all the major issues. They should take this van, and give me a different one. Not a Ford. I told you, that you were reading a book.

- Westhampton, MA, USA

Aug 242010

Windstar

The right front sub frame on my 2003 Windstar corroded causing the lower control arm to separate and wheel to pull out. Lost steering. Also axles shaft pulled from transmission and fluid ran out. Fortunately at slow speed so no accident, but what if I were on a freeway running fast?

- Charing Cross, On, Canada , 00, USA

Jun 052010

Windstar 6-cyl

I have a Ford 2003 Windstar, 83,000 miles, my car's rear axel beam broke in the middle of the road, it cost me to repair it $497 for the part and $275 for labor.

- Albertson, NY, USA

Sep 162009

Windstar

2003 Ford Windstar SE brake and ABS lights on intermittently. The following codes are present: C1226;C1235;C1185;C1198;C1194;C1254;C1246;C1250; and C1242. The mechanic said it appears the ABS control module is going bad or is bad at a cost of $700. I replaced both rotors, drums, right wheel bearing, left inner tie rod and my brakes work just fine. The lights coming on are an annoyance and could possibly cause a fire??

- Eagle Lake, MN, USA

Nov 132003

Windstar 6-cyl

We purchased the 2003 Ford Windstar in October of 2003. Since that time, the van has been in and out of the shop 5 times because of a loud screeching in the power steering, interior lights flickering on and off (which they told me that they couldn't find a reason for that and that I should just turn the interior lights off so that it dosen't happen), and a thumping in the front end when the wheels are turned sharply. They told me that I should bring the van to the shop whenever any of these things happen since they couldn't figure out what was causing these problems and I have done that. I am currently driving a loaner car from the dealership because the van is back in the shop. I called Ford Motor Company and filed a complaint with them. I need to know why this is happening and what can be done to fix this van.

- Demorest, GA, USA

Jan 162004

Windstar

While driving vehicle rocked side to side, and the rear end wobbled.

- Canada, 00, USA

Jul 232003

Windstar 6-cyl

I bought a 2003 Ford Windstar on July 7, 2003. Shortly after I left for pa, for vacation. After one week and a half on was on rt. 380 in pa, as I approched the exit the car started to shake. I did know what was going on, I prayed and got for the exit. At the end of the exit I got out of the car, walked around it and I couldn't see anything. So I thought if I could make it one more mile to the gas station I would be fine. I went 8' and I heard this noise. I got out of the car and the wheel broke away from the wheel. My bumper cought the wheel and dented the bumper. The car was towed the the nearest Ford dealership. They are saying it was soom thing I did to the car, and they will not take responsibility for the car. After many attempts to settle the matter they will do nothing for me.

- Commack,, NY, USA