2003 Ford Windstar transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Windstar:

2003 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Jul 072012

Not sure if I'm grateful for the internet or not right now. Googled an issue I'm having with my Ford Windstar and found literally hundreds of other people with the exact same issue I am currently having. O/D light, Check Transmission light flashing at random times. It concerns me that there are so many people out there with the same problem, yet Ford has done nothing to help/fix/compensate? I cannot afford a new vehicle. I cannot afford a new transmission. I cannot afford a rebuilt transmission. But what I really can't afford, is to be driving my van with my kids in it and have it crap out on a busy hwy. I need my vehicle for work - don't even know what my first step in diagnosing this would be... Help?

- , Calgary, AB, canada

Jan 102011

Windstar Sport 3.8L V6

Well this is my first and last piece of crap ford..had my tranny repaired less then a year ago after it just died without warning,no forward and no reverse,now the overdrive light is flashing on and off after just driving less then a minute and it will keep flashing untill its shut off and started again...and then it starts all over, from what im reading its a transmission problem and i will not spend another $3,000 to fix the s%&tbox gonna buy me a honda or toyota..something, but not a ford, i think that ford should have a recall on these things, we can`t be all wrong.

- , St Johns, N.L, Canada