2007 GMC Acadia drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 GMC Acadia:

2007 GMC Acadia Owner Comments

Jul 052007

Acadia 6-cyl

On July 5th 2007 my family and I were traveling in our recently purchased 2007 GMC Acadia while on vacation in fenwick, de. And as we were traveling through an intersection our vehicle experience a massive failure. The front portion of the drive shaft, the portion that extends from the transaxle to the rear axle, drop from the vehicle, at speed, and caused the vehicle to loose power while at speed in traffic. Realizing the loss of power, we pulled the vehicle safely to the side of the roadway to inspect the vehicle. Upon looking under the vehicle, I observed the drive shaft hanging, in the forward position, to the roadway. I immediately called "on-star" who I found to be extremely non-responsive or helpful to our situation. The following day, the tow truck finally responded to our call and upon our direction took the vehicle to hertrick GMC for repair. Later that week I ws informed that the "safety ring" had failed and the replacement prt was on indefinite back order.

- Abingdon, MD, USA