2007 GMC Acadia electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 GMC Acadia:

2007 GMC Acadia Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Feb 222013

Trans went out shortly after purchase, alternator went out shortly after purchase, needed new wave plate, needed new alternator, sun roofs leak water through the interior lighting and down both A-posts. Continues to run after shut off and key removed. Slips gears, will not upshift.

- Littleton, CO, USA

Jan 032015

The vehicle start somkeing

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Apr 032014

Recently I noticed one of my daytime running lights was not working so when I scheduled my vehicle for service I asked the GM dealer to replace the light. Upon their investigation the dealer reported that the headlight wires had fused or melted together and that it would an estimated $800 to fix! they also mentioned the other lamp was starting to have the same issue and its only a matter of time. I was more concerned that the wires lamp/light wires were "fused" together and shorting out! this seams to be more of a safety issue with the risk of fire or loss of both headlights! furthermore, it is outrageous for a replacement of a daytime running light to be $800 dollars! can NHTSA please investigate and help resolve this safety hazard and poor product performance and look at the risk analysis that was performed?

- Xenia, OH, USA

Jun 122014

Twice, in a matter of 24 hours, as we were pulling out of our driveway, the power steering stopped abruptly. Fortunately we were moving slowly in our driveway at the time. Following each incident the car was put in park and there was a loud screeching sound when stepping on the gas pedal. Just as quickly as both problems occurred, they disappeared. We have also been dealing with wiring issues. Sometimes the speakers work sometimes they don't. sometimes the warning systems (I.e back-up alarm, keys in ignition, low fuel level, door ajar, etc.) sounds and other times they don't.

- East Greenville, PA, USA

Feb 072012

Acadia 6-cyl

The car has leaked since we bought it. We have had it in the shop several time at the place we bought it and it continues to leak. Recently, the leak has started to affect the electrical workings of the car. The floor has been saturated with water and when approaching a stop, water will pour from the ceiling, soaking the driver and rear passengers. The water will run down the inside of the windshield which impacts visibility.

- Troy, TN, USA

May 072014

The contact owns a 2007 GMC Acadia. The contact stated that whenever she attempted to accelerate, there was a sudden increase of engine rpms and the vehicle failed to gain speed. Also, the contact mentioned that the vehicle failed to shift into gear. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the transmission was defective and needed to be replaced. In addition, the contact mentioned that burning fumes were emitted into the vehicle. The contact stated that after inspecting the vehicle, she noticed that wires were burning in the engine compartment. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 48,000 and the current mileage was 48,060.

- Hammond, IN, USA

Apr 022014

Acadia 6-cyl

Water leaking in car causing poor visibility and unsafe conditions as it drips all over, down the windshield, and out of the lights and dvd monitor.

- Perrysville, IN, USA

Apr 032013

Acadia 4-cyl

Bought with 58K miles on it, 9/2012. Problems began the following April. Sitting at red lights, the truck would stall out at acceleration, occasionally not restarting immediately. Dealers couldn't replicate problem. Problem briefly stopped, and now it has returned and is far worse. While driving, it shakes and jerks like a new driver learning to use a manual transmission. Several times the truck has shut off completely on highways while cruising at or around 70mph or accelerating to pass someone, nearly causing accidents. This truck has been towed home 3 times this month from this issue, I refused to take it to a GMC dealer because I can't keep paying $109 for diagnosis and they say they don't find anything (twice already). I recently had the vehicle scanned independently and it's given me codes 7ea and 7E8. The second code doesn't give a diagnosis. In the last week it has failed to start 4 times and I've been keeping video blogs to record what it is or isn't doing. It is currently sitting in my drive way, not operable. GM customer service says there isn't enough evidence to support a recall, but everyone is having the same problems. Twice it stranded my wife and children on interstates. On 10/30/13 (on our anniversary, out of town none the less) it shut off and we had to get pushed to the shoulder...very embarrassing! something must be done! everybody can't be telling the same lie! also, the "service airbags" notice just started showing.

- Detroit, MI, USA

Aug 012013

Acadia 6-cyl

We purchased this Acadia used in April 2010 with about 40,000 miles. In early July 2012 the transmission went out. This has been repaired under our extended warranty as of July 15, 2012. On August 1, 2013, our transmission went out again. During the first year of owning this vehicle, we have had the windshield wipers operating erratically and the radio will not always shut off when the engine has been stopped and driver's door opened & closed (possible electrical problems). We've asked our GMC dealership to address the electric, but each time they say nothing shows any errors on their computer tests. With the recent issue in a little over a year on the transmission (again!) we have found numerous sites from other 2007 Acadia owners stating the same problems and that it is repetitive. If this has been a widespread and known problem, this was not shared by our dealership. Given our vehicle has less than 100K miles and will likely have a 3rd transmission in its 6 year age, this is not a vehicle I feel safe having my wife and 3 young children continue to ride in. Unfortunately, our options are very limited financially to find a vehicle allowing for the amount of space needed for 2 car seats in addition to our 9 year old booster seat (normally cannot seat them in one row side by side by side). At this point, we are researching all options to get out of this Acadia as we cannot sink money into this vehicle to keep it running safely and not know if the transmission will continue to go out.

- Bryant, AR, USA

Jun 132012

Acadia 6-cyl

Due to installation of a factory defect part in the air conditioning system the water collection drainage system for the evaporator becomes plugged from the inside. This in turn dumps water onto electrical components of the vehicle including the blower motor and wiring harness that is located under the passenger floor. It is a non serviceable issue that required complete tear down and factory replacement parts to correct. It is a fairly common issue with the 2008 model and the newer models all come equipped with an air cleaner in the ac ducting to prevent the problem.

- Porterville, CA, USA

May 202013

Problems with window control while driving, unable to raise up window on passenger side from the driver controls.

- Wisconsin Rapids, WI, USA

Feb 012013

Acadia 6-cyl

The vehicle has two problems. The radio works, but there is no sound for the back up warning, turn signals or radio. This problem occurs in the GMC Acadia, Chevrolet traverse and the Buick enclave. The problem is likely the premature failure of the BCM or the amp. When driven in the rain, the power steering fails momentarily and it is very difficult to control the vehicle.

- Troy, MI, USA

Apr 182012

Acadia 6-cyl

Every time it rains the cab leaks water everywhere inside vehicle, can't even go through a car wash.....only a matter of time before mold, mildew and electrical problems occur..not to mention having to where a rain suit in the car every time it rains.

- Perrysville, IN, USA

Mar 302013

Acadia 6-cyl

After spending $370.51 at my local GMC dealer for stabilitrak errors resulting in low fuel input into the engine, with a maximum speed allowable at 35 mph, my 2007 GMC Acadia is once again experiencing stabilitrak errors. They generally occur when I roll to a stop at a stopsign or stoplight, but I am very concerned that the transmission will reduce speed when I travel the interstate. My local GMC dealer claimed this problem was caused by a "cam exhaust position sensor fault" and replaced the "cam exhaust position sensor" on 3-20-13 for $370.51. For one week this repair worked and there were no stabilitrak errors. Ten days later, my 2007 GMC Acadia fwd is worse than ever, endangering me at night by shifting suddenly into "stabilitrak error, low fuel input" mode. I am terrified that my GMC dealer will charge me more money to pretend-fix this problem, as they have me coming in for $400-$1,100 repairs every other month now since they want to sell me a new car.

- Lakeland, FL, USA

Oct 122012

Acadia 6-cyl

I was driving my car when all of a sudden it wouldn't accelerate above (20mph?). I was forced to park it at an apartment complex and get it towed to the dealer. Now less than 6 months after paying out of pocket for that repair, I am having the same problem.

- Denham Springs, LA, USA

Jul 082008

Acadia 6-cyl

The car has had electrical and engine problems since we purchased it due to water leaks from a flawed sunroof design. Even after a recall to fix the sunroof to prevent water leaks; it continues to leak and damage electrical and engine systems. This is an ongoing problem and is a widespread concern for the 2007-2008 GMC Acadias. I would like someone to investigate this problem. I believe it is a safety concern because the leaks occur in the area where there are airbags. I think there is a structural defect that may not be able to be repaired and it presents a safety hazard for all who drive these vehicles. Please investigate this problem. Do not let GMC sweep this under the rug!

- Gustine, CA, USA

Oct 292012

We were driving and smelled a burning smell coming from the drivers door. The drivers side windows switch, door lock switch would not work. We took it to our mechanic and he determined that the drivers side switch had burned up and melted to the door wiring harness. The switch and harness both had to be replaced.

- Salem, WI, USA

Aug 132012

Vehicle has been serviced 4 times for water leak that dealer can not find. Water that has leaked inside has caused a malfunction in the fuse block. This caused all lights, including headlights to flicker and gauges to read wrong information. Very dangerous and distracting when driving. Could lead to more serious electrical problems if water continues to leak in.

- Newport News, VA, USA

Sep 012010

Acadia 6-cyl

For quite some time, the front right air bag sensor does not sense that there is a passenger sitting in the front right seat. We have had the sensor checked repeatedly at the dealer, and they have not been able to replicate the problem (saying everything is fine). The passengers typically are our children, both of whom are 5'9" tall and weigh 120 to 125 pounds. We usually have to stop the car, turn the car off and then on, and then it works. This past week, the sensor was flashing, and we got a related "service air bag" light on the dashboard. We took it in to the dealer, and have been told it is a $1,000 repair to replace the front right passenger sensor module. This after we have had this item checked multiple times (and have been told that there has been nothing wrong with it), and, after a full extended warranty on the car (which included air bags) has expired. There has been a recall for 2007 GMC Acadias for improper sensors, but our car was not included in the recall. In 'googling' this issue on the internet, we see several complaints on official car sites like edmunds, stating a similar problem for other Acadias. We believe that GMC has known that it has had faulty sensors on their 2007 GMC Acadia models, but did not make their 2007 recall comprehensive enough. We would like for the nhtsb to investigate with GMC how many other 2007 GMC Acadias have been serviced for similar problems. Our car has never been involved in any vehicle crash or accident.

- Waunakee, Wi, WI, USA

Oct 202011

Mold/musty smell, water leaking from dvd entertainment system and under dash on both driver and passenger floorboards. Dealer cleaned sunroof drains, replaced sunroof seal, still leaking. Water is settling into electrical components in dash including the blower motor.

- Newport News, VA, USA