2007 GMC Acadia engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 GMC Acadia:

2007 GMC Acadia Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Feb 032016

The driver side floor board always has a wet spot when it rains. The rear speakers do not work. The passenger window cannot be operated by the drivers side. The rear window wiper fluid will intermittently work if the vehicle is in park with the left turn signal on.

- Newport, KY, USA

Dec 292015

At 80,000 miles transmission went out and had to be rebuilt. Car is also leaking under the passenger and driver floor board and moon roof/sunroof drips down from dome lights onto third row seats. Leaking has caused multiple electrical problems. When there is a heavy rain ignition will still run even after key is turned off and key is out of ignition car is currently at 130,000. Also ignition will power down even while care is in motion warning light will illuminate stating "engine power reduced" "traction control off" and vehicle will not move. Car has had more problems than any other I have owned, will never purchase another GM vehicle.

- Winder, GA, USA

Aug 302012

Vehicle. Would not shift out of first gear. Would get to almost 5 RPM before it finally shifted. When it did shift out, it shifted hard. Problemed started in August 2012 after we purchased and her it is July 2015. Dealership said they can't find anything wrong. The gas peddle did get stuck one time when the vehicle. Wouldn't shift out. Now my parking break has a leak and is always saying that the break is on.

- Magnolia, AR, USA

Mar 022015

Upon entering the highway the 2007 Acadia would not shift either into or out of 3rd gear, I'm not sure. I could not tell what was happening and when I determined this was not going to correct itself I exited the highway. I've recieved a letter from GM stating that vehicles equiped with 6T70 and 6T75 6 speed automatic transmissions are experiencing cracked or fractured wave plates. This clearly is a faulty part as it is occurring on many versions of this vehicle and has been upgraded. I was lucky in that it was only me in the auto and not the entire family when this happened. Very dangerous.

- Raymore, MO, USA

Oct 212014

Acadia 6-cyl

After taking my vehicle to phil moore Buick GMC on 10/16/2014 and paying $1341.10 for repairs after a check engine light indicator, the check engine light came on again on 10/20/2014 and caused the vehicle to slow from 60 miles per hour to 20 miles per hour on the highway. When the vehicle was returned to the dealership ON10/21/2015, I was told there were additional repairs needed on the engine at an estimated cost of $2789.18. Because repairs had just been completed on the same area 5 days earlier, I called the GM corporation and I was informed that repairs to the engine should have been covered under a recall and the dealership should have noticed the recall at the time of service.

- Ridgeland, MS, USA

Feb 052015

Acadia 6-cyl

While traveling down highway, car displays message "service stabilitrack engine power reduced". car slows down and shakes. Turning car off for a few minutes then turning back on clears issue, however, happens multiple times daily. Very dangerous while traveling on highways or freeways.

- Rio Rancho, NM, USA

Jun 112011

Acadia 6-cyl

Transmission slipping jerks and bumps when shifting. Passengers noted there was issues also. Loses power going up hills. Took it to cochran Pontiac for two years and did not correct situation, since there were no codes on the computer even though the car had no power and was jerking. Engine light, antilock braking, no rear sensors, and the fuel gauge lights are now on after another dealer fixed transmission and I had to pay $1,500 and I should have not paid anything. I did not have these lights on my dash board when I went to get the transmission fixed and the dealer has not fixed them. Recently, my car lost power and died on a blind dangerous curve and shut down the engine. I was afraid to get hit and felt my car was unsafe. We put gas in and would not start and engine was hot. I had to have it towed to dealer after two weeks from getting the transmission repaired and told dealer transmission has noises in it and engine was hot and car would not start. They called and said it was out of gas and runs now, however, they did not address the issues noted above for all of the lights that were on the dash board. The gas was not the issue before car was towed since we put gas in there when it broke down. This 2007 Acadia has had issues since 2011 that continue to present and this SUV is known to have many recalls and is unsafe. The car was taken to the dealer numerous times with complaints by the customer.

- Canonsburg, PA, USA

Apr 292014

Acadia 6-cyl

2007 GMC has 62000 miles on it & just in March we had a problem with a metal on metal scraping sound(& you could feel it when you braked) like it needed new brakes but brake pads were like new. And the service airbag light is on, then service traction control message, & service stabilitrack message came on too & it started jerking when you hit the brakes like the ABS brakes were kicking in. So we took it to robinson's & they turned the rotars & rotated my tires & when I got it back it rode like a dune buggy. Took it back & said it needed new struts cause "something" stayed in a locked position or another. So then we got it back & the scrubbing noise/feeling came back with the brakes again so then they finally just put new brakes on it & so far so good $1000 later! now, this morning I was in a drive thru & it felt like my car was in neutral when I tried to go forward & I had to look to see if I moved the gears & then I noticed the orange engine light was on. It barely wanted to go & the rpms just kept getting higher & higher & it was struggling to move so I pulled over & had onstar run diagnostics & codes PO700 & PO716 power train detected malfunction transmissions & transmission not performing as expected!! I noticed after she ran the test my car sounded like it changed back to normal while running so I cut it off & back on & it drove ok back home but now we have to have it looked at & I'm just sick to my stomach over this! it looks like it's gonna be a broken wave plate & ending up resulting in a new transmission I can not afford!!! I know it's 2007 but with such low mileage & in great condition I wouldn't think it should have all these problems especially with the transmission!! I have read so many reports on the same issues which are beyond ridiculous considering how much you pay for these vehicles!!!! this is totally unsafe & needs a recall asap!!!

- Cedartown , GA, USA

Apr 032014

Acadia 6-cyl

Wave plate broke and transmission being rebuilt.

- Boalsburg, PA, USA

Feb 272014

I was coming home with my five children when getting close to home my truck just would not go over 10 mph I would pull over for cars behind me to pass after I tried turning it off and restarting but it would do the same glad I was close to home that I was able to get their. I got home shut the truck off and tried to turn back on and it wouldn't I have been told that it was a sensor and replaced it and it still didn't work know I have been told that it is the motor that is bad it is embarrassing to have a truck in your driveway that you have not been able to use and still owe have the amount of what it was sold to us. They also told me that this was common on 2007 because of the faulty motor that was put into them as I read some of the reviews it should be considered as a recall because of the price these trucks go for new or used suppose ably it is a high quality vehicle and its sad that their is so many bad reviews and nothing has been done to help all the people who are having this issue as GM knows this isn't something you can say I will get it fixed right away you are talking thousands of dollars for repairs.

- Whitewater, WI, USA

Feb 252013

Acadia 6-cyl

I was driving to the store, going down hill on the right side of the road. Mid-way down a message appeared on the computer saying "engine failure, power off" and the car just shut down with out warning. No matter how hard I pressed on the gas the car was shut off. The steering went out as well and I had to stand in the seat to use all my power to turn the wheel. Previous to this, the check engine light had not been on, no advance warning of this. I had both of my children in the car at the time. Luckily there was a bp gas station with garage at the bottom of the hill, I was able to coast the car into the gas station where they ran diagnostic testing and repaired my car and reset the sensors. Nine months later I was driving with both of my children again, in North East Washington DC when out of no where the same message appeared. I was able to pull the car over to the side of the road and restart the engine one time. I turned around to go home and on the drive home the same thing happened on a less of an incline of a hill. The car shut down completely towards the top of the hill going down. Same as before, no gas and no steering ability. I was too scared to leave the car on the side as cars coming over the hill would not have time to stop before hitting us. I put the car in neutral and tried to glide down the hill to the shell station. The car cut out completely and lost all momentum so I had to push the car into the gas station and wait 3 hours for the tow truck to arrive. It went back to the bp station from February and had a new battery and several other items replaced. I bought this car new in 2007 and have had countless breakdowns and replacements- two transmissions within the first 3 years and repairs. I keep up with car maintenance regularly and do no neglect anything.

- Silver Spring , MD, USA

Jan 222014

On my way home from work, in the middle of tunnel truck turn on check engine light, in panel " reduced engine power" and reduced the velocity by itself to 10mph. I turn it off and on again, started running but in less than 1 minute running, did the same problem.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

May 152013

I was driving home from work around 5:05pm on the 5 North freeway going about 65 mph. All of a sudden my check engine light went on and I felt a sudden loss of power in my acceleration. As I stepped on the gas more to keep up with the flow of traffic, the RPM needle jumped up to between 4 and 6 on my gauge, but my vehicle wasn't going any faster so I had to steer to the right to get to the exit. I was barely able to exit without almost getting rear ended but I had no choice as my vehicle would not go over 40mph. After getting it checked at the nearest shop, I was told that it was a stuck solenoid. After I got that fixed, 4 months later, same problem, but now the dealership is telling me they will have to rebuild my transmission due to a broken wave plate, which will cost me at least $2800, which I don't have.

- Northridge, CA, USA

Nov 032013

When beginning to drive our vehicle from church the check engine light came on and vehicle would not downshift, and speed would not get above 30 mph. When brought to the dealership the following day, we were told we would need a new transmission. The vehicle only has 50K and should not have had this issue, and it is a transmission safety issue. Had we been on a busy highway and this incident occurred, a major accident could have taken place. Other sites have listed numerous complaints about the same transmission problem occurring in various Acadia's as well. A recall should have been issued and GM should pay for the full repair as it is over $4,000.

- North Syracuse, NY, USA

Jul 082013

Acadia 6-cyl

I'm having chronic transmission problems I've spent &2000. So far on the transmission. The GMC dealer has been constantly telling me I'm having multiple issues regarding the total wave plate of the transmission, which is effecting other areas of the care. Now I'm being told that my transmission was a lemon-make. That it was built faulty & GMC knows it. They have had thousands of complaints and refuse to recall this transmission. This is totally unfair. I still owe 18,000 on this truck. I'm paying two mortgages and I'm worried about how I will make it to work the next day. The maker of this truck should be held responsible for the faults not the consumer. Do to this issue GM issued an exchange program but the dealer ships won't engage in this. Please assist me with this issue.

- Brown Deer, WI, USA

Jun 272013

Went to back out of my garage and the car wouldn't go. Had to have the transmission replaced. We had not been experiencing any issues with the car regarding the transmission in the days before it quit working. Other than the check engine light coming on for a few min and then went off about 5 min later about 2 days before it quit working. I love this car but disappointed that our transmission went out at 81,246 miles.

- Durham, NC, USA

Feb 012013

Acadia 6-cyl

The first issue was the water pump, replaced it and 2 months later out went the power steering pump. At that time of replacing the power steering pump the dealership also replaced the rack and pinion and timing chain. Now, it's the transmission. Going rounds with GM to get them to take care of the issue in its entirety. This vehicle doesn't even have 63K miles on it! this vehicle is defective in every which way. I'm worried about what will go out next. I was looking for something reliable and safe and this Acadia has been everything but that. I have several friends that are also experiencing the same issues. Let the game begin. I have never had a vehicle that I feel is so unsafe and unreliable. I am a hard working woman who drove the same car for 13 years and had none of the issues that I am having with this Acadia that I paid twice as much for! so, to anyone wanting to purchase an Acadia, do reconsider, even as dependable as you feel your dealership may will be a lemon in the long run. Be prepared to get your gloves on in the ring with GMC as I'm currently I'm driving a dealership loaner, for 2 days now...good luck!

- Cedar Rapids, IA, USA

Jul 112013

Acadia 6-cyl

Car shut down while I was driving. After awhile it started back up but it would only go on first gear so I could go more than 20mph. Then when I went home, the check engine light came on and the reverse did not work. I have read alot of complaints about the same problem with 2007 Acadias. I hope these cars get recalled because some people might not be as lucky as I was were there weren't any cars around or in the interstate.

- Nashville, TN, USA

Jun 222013

Acadia 6-cyl

Our car was serviced by jim salerno GMC in randolph, NJ on 5/4/13. The car was brought in to check the transmission that was installed by salerno in 2011 but we were told trans is ok, the timing chains need to be replaced. We get the job done which requires them to take the engine out of the car. We get the car back from them and it is idling very low to the point it stalled once when my wife stopped to get out of the car to get our mail. And we noticed it didn't start up the same as before (slower) but we didn't mention this to salerno because we trusted them in doing the job right (big mistake!) for the next few weeks, my wife does some local driving with the car until 6/22/13 when we (my wife and I and our two small children and our dog) left for a long drive up to Maine. We made it into Massachusetts and then an engine light came on followed by a lot of rattling from the engine. This was quite scary since the car started driving erratically and we were traveling at high speeds on rt 84. We luckily pull over into a small rest stop and 5 hours later, a ingersoll GMC comes with a flatbed truck and a loaner car.

- Oak Ridge, NJ, USA

Jul 052013

Acadia 6-cyl

Vehicle is hard shifting from 1st to 2nd gear. Had serviced with new transmission fluid on 7/2/13. On 7/5/13 vehicle would no longer shift at all while traveling on the freeway on our way to family vacation to hilton head SC. It was towed to parks Chevrolet in charlotte, nc where transmission was disassembled with parts replaced and rebuilt. Upon departure of pickup vehicle is still shifting hard from 1st to 2nd gear (around 20-25mph) and we hope to make back home to Ohio safely. I've researched this issue is common in GMC Acadias. Issues needs addressed and resolved for safety! I will be returning the vehicle to Chevy dealer when we return home for further service. We have already paid the warranty deductible and hope to not incur more expenses!

- Poland, OH, USA