Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Ahh, the ole' sophomore slump. The 2008 Acadia suffers from widespread transmission failure around 75,000 miles.

2008 GMC Acadia steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 GMC Acadia:

2008 GMC Acadia Owner Comments (Page 6 of 6)

Oct 052008

Recently I have noticed a clicking sound whenever I turn the steering wheel. Upon doing some research I have found that several vehicles of this model type are suffering from failed power steering pumps. Some have failed while driving and have extreme difficulty turning.

- Lake Jackson, TX, USA

Mar 142008

2008 GMC Acadia caught on fire while driving down the road and burnt to nothing but the frame. Luckily we all got out ok. Prior to this our car was in the shop due to the power steering hose coming apart. We feel this is what happened this time as well because by the time we pulled off the road we had no power steering to the car. GMC as well as the dealership we bought it from are doing nothing and I still have no car. I am out my down payment as well as 2 almost $700 payments and I lost my trade in car on top of that.

- Andrews, TX, USA