CarComplaints.com Notes: Ahh, the ole' sophomore slump. The 2008 Acadia suffers from widespread transmission failure around 75,000 miles.

2008 GMC Acadia steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 GMC Acadia:

2008 GMC Acadia Owner Comments (Page 6 of 6)

Dec 092009

Acadia

Power steering fails on my 2008 GMC Acadia. 12/9/09- power steering fails as I get off the highway in greenwich, ct. Almost crash. 12/10/09 - drop car at local service station since my thought is that it just need steering fluid. 12/10/09- service station manager calls and tells me power steering pump shot, and rack and pinion leaking. 12/10/09- car towed to minchin GMC in stamford ct. They provide rental car from enterprise. 12/10/09- call late afternoon looking for an update. Told ┐tech is looking at it now.┐ I ask for a call back. No call 12/12/09- call dealer. Leave detailed message. Ask for a call back. No call. 12/14/09- call dealer. Speak to service. I am told tech is looking at it. Which I thought was done. Ask for a call back. No call. 12/15/09 call dealer. Speak to service. Am told waiting for a part. Ask for a call back on part availability. No call back. Left another message with main V- mail, detailing how no one has called me back. No call back. 12/16/09- call dealer. Speak to service. Told tech is out to lunch but the part that has to come from California or Canada. Finally they call back. I am told that the part that I need is on ┐national back order┐. asked for a call back for a better idea when the part will be available.

- Rye, NY, USA

May 062008

Acadia 6-cyl

2008 GMC Acadia has several problems with safety recalls and dealership response. Water entered through the passenger side roof. The tire pressure monitoring light illuminated. The driver seat made a noise while being adjusted and there was a noise coming from the steering column when it was cold. The radio and navigation screen went out and the drivers seat did not move. Updated 01/23/09.

- Goldens Bridge, NY, USA

Oct 052008

Acadia

Recently I have noticed a clicking sound whenever I turn the steering wheel. Upon doing some research I have found that several vehicles of this model type are suffering from failed power steering pumps. Some have failed while driving and have extreme difficulty turning.

- Lake Jackson, TX, USA

Mar 142008

Acadia

2008 GMC Acadia caught on fire while driving down the road and burnt to nothing but the frame. Luckily we all got out ok. Prior to this our car was in the shop due to the power steering hose coming apart. We feel this is what happened this time as well because by the time we pulled off the road we had no power steering to the car. GMC as well as the dealership we bought it from are doing nothing and I still have no car. I am out my down payment as well as 2 almost $700 payments and I lost my trade in car on top of that.

- Andrews, TX, USA