2009 GMC Acadia lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 GMC Acadia:

2009 GMC Acadia Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Sep 062011

Acadia

I entered approximate date that I first reported to the dealership the condition of the leather seats. The leather seats are pealing. The sun visor broke off from the mirror. The console was pealing. I reported these before that time, but had to wait until the gentleman at the dealership was available. I was not pleased with the way he treated me. He acted as if I was not smart in reference to my problems and was blaming it on wear and tear. Also I now have a headlight that has moisture in it. The dealership checked it for leaks and none were found, so how does that happen. I just had recall on light, but was inside the light. Now this is how I feel about that. It is me and my granddaughter and she was 12 when I purchased the vehicle. We used it for day to day travels and traveling. I have been and continue to be very careful and so does my granddaughter, with the way we take care of this vehicle. I am so disappointed in the fact that it was not taken care of properly. I never heard from the district representative regarding these problems and he told me she/he would get with me. GMC contacted me and the dealer several times and now it is still the same. GMC has really failed in their job in working with customers with problems.

- Mer Rouge,, LA, USA

Feb 232012

Acadia

The contact owns a 2009 GMC Acadia. The contact inspected the vehicle and noticed the driver's side headlight exhibited a large accumulation of water which resulted to condensation inside of the headlight lens. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who stated to the contact that the driver's side headlight would need to be replaced. The vehicle had not been repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The failure mileage was 94,000.

- Lawrenceburg, TN, USA

Nov 192011

Acadia

The driver side low beam headlight went out. When replacing the light bulb found that the wiring connector was partially melted and one of the wires was hanging out. The insulation on that wire was also melted off so bare wire was exposed. The original bulb also had a burnt spot where the connector attaches.

- Plainview, NE, USA

Nov 142011

Acadia 6-cyl

Driver side low beam headlight bulb went out. Purchased bulb to replace myself, but discovered harness was burnt. I then took to shop to have harness replaced. They told me it looked like something that should be a recall and told me to report and keep receipt of cost to replace. Now I am concerned about the left bulb and wonder if I should go ahead and pay again to get that replaced for safety precaution.

- Leander, TX, USA

Oct 262011

Acadia

Wiring harness to passenger side low beam headlight is defective. Thought bulb was out but after inspection found the wiring harness plug had completely melted where plugged into bulb. One wire was just hanging and could see burn marks where it had been arcing as it bounced around. Could definitely have caused much bigger problems than driving with one headlight I.e. fire, shorting whole electrical system, and on and on. This is a very big safety concern. These were the oem headlights not aftermarket bulbs that pull more current so should not have melted the harness plug.

- Wall , TX, USA

Oct 172011

Acadia 6-cyl

At approximately 38,000 miles on our Acadia, the passenger headlight appeared to fail. Upon reconnecting the headlight, I found it would work intermittently. Upon further inspection, I found the wiring connector to the low beam bulb to be melted and cracked. This appears to be a very common problem as I am a member of an online community at www.acadiaforum.net. many owners have reported this same issue and it is also a common issue with sister vehicle Saturn outlook. As these bulbs can fail at any time I think it would be in the best interests of the consumer to have these wiring harnesses replaced either in a recall, or a tsb. What would happen if the bulbs failed at night while negotiating a curve? replacing the harness is a huge expense to the owner if their vehicle is no longer covered under warranty. This is a substandard part and a huge safety hazard. Please help.

- Lakeville, MN, USA

Aug 232011

Acadia 6-cyl

Exterior lighting- drivers side headlight not functioning. Found burnt wiring harness and connector.

- Spring Grove, IL, USA

Nov 032010

Acadia

I bought the Acadia new in 2009. At 15K miles cd player turns on at night by itself and runs battery completely down had to go buy a battery charger to get the car started you can't move the car when the battery is dead, a re program fixed the cd player. 35-40K miles dvd player will not work, re program did not work, dealer replaced dvd player. 40K miles water pump went out, 40 K miles wheel alignment went out and wore the front tires to the cord, no mention of compensation for two new tires at a cost of $500. 10K miles further another set of tires had to be replaced at the same cost, this is after dealer wheel alignment,5 K miles more and the alignment had to performed again. Just checked again at 5 K miles more and tires are starting to feather again. At 60K miles one of the driving lights went out. The dealer wants over $100 to replace the bulb, seems as though the front end needs to come off to replace a lightbulb that used to cost a few dollars. The paint has started to peel off the buttons that control the air conditioner fan. The gas mileage is not as advertised. I was told that after 10K miles it would get better, that was 50 K miles a go. Over all this car is a real expensive pile of crap. I would not recommend the Acadia to any one.

- Los Lunas, NM, USA

Apr 072011

Acadia 6-cyl

Drivers side headlight not functioning. Found burnt wiring harness and connector.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA