2010 GMC Acadia electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 GMC Acadia:

2010 GMC Acadia Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

May 192012

Acadia 6-cyl

The main battery cable running from the battery located behind the passager's seat was resting on a bolt from the frame. The threads from the bolt cut through the battery cable and shorted out the electrical system causing the floor matting to catch fire while the vehicle was in motion. The engine shut down, causing a loss of power steering and brakes. Since it was the main battery cable the connects directly to the battery with no fuse, the short continued to spark. In the particual vehicle the battery is located inside the vehicle, below the passager side rear floor. The positive battery cable runs from there to inside the engine compartment to the alternator, with no fuse in between. I took the vehicle to the dealer and they said it was not a warranty issue. I raised the question with them about a recall and got no where. I did some searches on GMC blog sites and this issue has happened on a number of other vehicles, one leading to a wreck. Luckily I was at a stop light turning when it happened to me. If this would have happened on a freeway at freeway speeds, the story could have been much worse.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Nov 192011

Acadia

My drivers side headlight went out, I originally thought it was due to bulb life. When I changed the bulb I found that the harness socket where the bulb plugs into was burnt/melted. I proceeded to change the bulb anyway to see the result. 5 minutes later the light bulb burnt out again. This looks to be a serious fire hazard and I believe there should be a recall completed for further investigation. This was for the low beam light bulb.

- Yorkville, IL, USA

Jul 312011

Acadia

2010 GMC Acadia. Consumer states vehicle was struck by lightening while sitting under a carport the consumer stated the vehicle would not start and the alarm kept sounding. The vehicle was towed to the dealer. The consumer was informed the vehicle needed a body control module, a PCM, air bag sensor and ecbm was needed to make the necessary repairs to the vehicle. The consumer stated the dealer had her vehicle for 30 days.

- Chesterfield, SC, USA

Jul 312011

Acadia 6-cyl

My 2010 GMC Acadia was sitting under my carport during an electrical storm. Lightening struck the vehicle, but did not strike any of the other 3 vehicles in the yard. This was the only vehicle with on-star. My family could have been seriously injured if we had been in the car. The entire elctrical system was knocked out.

- Chesterfield, SC, USA

Apr 252011

Acadia 8-cyl

While accelerating on the entrance ramp for central expressway, hwy 75, it became very sluggish, and all of a sudden had no pick up. I nearly got rear ended by a fast truck! since April of 2011 I noticed that it had no pick up. The problem seemed to go away, when I learned to not accelerate too much to enter the highway, just gradually vs in a hurry. Then today, Sept 2011, while driving at apprx 45 mph on a busy road, the car seemed to pull back, and the traction light comes on, and beeps at me. It was a sunny, dry day. I pull over in a parking lot, turn off the engine, to get something out of my trunk, and it would not open - and, no, the override button was not on. Weird. I start the car, and the problem goes away, and I drive safely back to my destination. Why does the problem always exist when I am by myself, and watch, when I take the time off to bring it to the dealership, everything will be just fine. I pray that I make it to the dealership and they diagnose some sort of defect and fix it because it still is under warranty. I cannot bear the worse case scenario of anything happen to my family.

- Allen, TX, USA

Sep 242010

Acadia

On 9/23/10 my wife exited our 2010 GMC Acadia leaving the keys partially inserted into the ignition. Today 9/24/10 she heard a noise in the garage. When she opened the door she found the vehicle trying to start by itself. We do not have a remote starter installed. She removed the keys and took them back into the house. If the vehicle had started during the night while we were sleeping I may not have been able to send you this message. Later when I returned home I called the dealership where we purchased the Acadia and reported the incident to their service specialist. They had not heard of this problem before. Has this problem been reported to NHTSA?

- Kokomo, IN, USA

Feb 172010

Acadia

The battery on my GMC Acadia died on the 15th February and the dealer could not identify anything wrong with the vehicle. The following Monday the service air bag light came on and I was told the sensor was not working right and the parts were ordered. The Friday of 2/26 the check engine light was on and the vehicle would not accelerate above 50mph and half the gas tank was emptied in 25 miles. During that Friday the engine was still running even after I pulled the key out of the ignition. That same night the battery died and could not be jump started. The vehicle was inspected on 3/1 and the air bag sensors along with fuse box was replaced as water was leaking into the fuse box. All of this happened in the mileage range of 6800 to 7100 approximately. The dealer has replaced the fuse box and the vehicle is running fine so far.

- Shelby Township, MI, USA