2010 GMC Acadia engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 GMC Acadia:

2010 GMC Acadia Owner Comments

Nov 082015

I was at a local drive thru window and I was stopped, my car was in park. I was beginning to leave, car in drive and I hit the passenger front right tire on the curb. So I left off the gas, turned the wheel to the left to get off the curb but the gas pedal "stuck." It did not lift up! I tried to push on the brakes, but the car wouldn't stop. I finally was able to un-stick the gas pedal by shoving my foot under the pedal and lifting it up! I was forced full speed into oncoming traffic and I had my entire family in my car!! scary, and totally unacceptable. Thankfully we are all ok, but my gas pedal should not be sticking!

- Nassau, NY, USA

Aug 122013

Acadia 6-cyl

Cruise control stopped working and then stability light, traction control light and ABS lights all came on. Took it to get reprogrammed, happened again next day. Took it a second time happened again a week later. Took it again a 3rd time happening now a month later. So mad.

- Fontana, CA, USA

Mar 042014

Acadia 6-cyl

The brake lights will remain on at times even when the brakes are not being used. Also the traction control and electronic stability control will randomly turn off (frequently) and the dealerships are unable to tell me why and how to fix it. The cruise control at times will not work.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Aug 122013

After starting the car, shifting to drive with brakes applied and slow acceleration while taking a right turn out of my parking space I lost all steering control and brakes became very hard to press as well. I managed to stop the car and put it back to park and turned off the ignition, then back on again. I didn't have the issue again. Luckily I didn't hit another car in the parking lot.

- Eau Claire, WI, USA

Jul 112011

Acadia 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 GMC Acadia. While attempting to park, the vehicle suddenly accelerated without warning causing the contact to crash into a light post and another vehicle. A police report was filed. She then applied the brakes in order to stop the vehicle, stating that speed had increased 100 percent. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where the manufacturer was notified and sent an investigator to retrieve the black box from the vehicle. After inspection, the manufacturer advised the contact that the vehicle was operating as designed and that the failure was caused because she had depressed the accelerator. The contact was awaiting repairs to the vehicle. The current and failure mileages were 26,733. Updated 11/07/11 the contact disputes the manufactures claim that the vehicle operated as designed and claims the accelerator pedal was not pushed. The contact was awaiting repairs to the vehicle. Updated 01/23/12

- North Ridgeland Hills, TX, USA