2.6

2011 GMC Acadia brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 GMC Acadia:

2011 GMC Acadia Owner Comments

Jul 112016

Stability control of light

- Detroit, MI, USA

Feb 132016

Acadia

Can started to smoke. Panel stated reduce engine. Couldn't go over 20mph. Car broke down with two kids in car.

- Rock Hill, SC, USA

Feb 092016

Acadia

While driving this morning I had a series of messages appear : "traction control off", then "service stabilitrak" and then very soon after "reduced engine power". the car would still run, but would not go above approximately 20mph and struggled to maintain speed. At one point had to pull over and turn engine off to almost "reset" car to be able to continue driving to destination. This is the third time that this has happened and have had to take to the shop. I have small children that are typically in the vehicle when this happens and am concerned for their safety if this issue cannot be resolved.

- Clayton, NC, USA

Jan 202016

Acadia

While driving this morning this message appeared : "traction control off", then "service stabilitrak". very soon after message "reduced engine power" appeared. The car was still running, but would not go above approximately 2K RPM's or 15mph. This is the second time that this has happened and have had to take to shop and have throtle body inspected and recalibrated. This is my wifes car and I have a small child that was in car when this happened. This happened in an area that is heavily traveled to include school buses.

- Graniteville, SC, USA

Jan 112016

Acadia

While driving a message appeared : "traction control off", then "service stabilitrak". very soon after (a minute or two later) - a message "reduced engine power" appeared. The car was still running, but would not go above approximately 2K RPM's. luckily we were on a slow road, so we were able to pull off and there were no high speed cars behind us. Shutting the car off, waiting a few minutes then turning it back on appeared to clear the issue. The traction control showed as off when it first stated up, but then it showed 'traction control on" as it strated to drive. It looks like there are a lot of reports of this on the internet.

- Charlton, MA, USA

Mar 032014

Acadia 6-cyl

I saw an error message on the dashboard that read "service traction control", then it read "traction control off" and then the last thing that read was "engine power is reduced". that's when my car dropped from going 55 mph to 20 mph and I could not accelerate. I pulled off the road a few minutes then back onto road but had no power. I pulled over and called a tow truck and had it towed to shop.they replaced accelerator pedal assembly. Cost me $259.84.

- Washington, MO, USA

Nov 302013

Acadia

While driving on interstate 17W going to deposit, NY, I suddenly saw an error message on the dashboard that read "service traction control", then it read "traction control off" and then the last thing that read was "engine power is reduced". that's when my car dropped from going 60 mph on cruise control to 20 mph and I could not accelerate. Thankfully, I was already in the right lane and was able to pull onto the shoulder. At that point, I turned off the vehicle and waited, thinking that the error message would go away and it's just a computer glitch, as this is common with this model vehicle. I started the vehicle again and it had full power but the error message to "service traction control" was still on and alternating between that message and "traction control off". this incident occurred three separate times on the same day along the same highway and at one of the times, there was a large vehicle behind me and thankfully, the driver was able to quickly move to the next lane because I the engine reduced power and I could not accelerate. I put my hazard lights on each time it happened. Thank god my children were not in the car with me when this happened. I have had many difficulties with this vehicle since it was first leased in 2011. I think that all the GMC Acadias should be recalled as it poses such a tremendous danger to motorists.

- Bronx, NY, USA