2.7

2011 GMC Acadia lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 GMC Acadia:

2011 GMC Acadia Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Sep 292014

Acadia

I own a 2011 GMC Acadia denali. I placed my order for this vehicle before they were in production which make this one of the first to roll off the assembly line. The driver's side daytime running light bulb needed replacing. I took my vehicle to the local dealer for repair. I was told that the daytime running light bulb socket had melted and the whole headlight assembly needed to be replaced. When you look through the lens of the daytime running lights you can see about a three inch area of chrome coating cracked and peeling off the interior of the light housing on the driver"S side and about an inch and a half area on the passenger side. It is just a matter of time before the passenger side socket melts. This is definitely a manufacturer?S design problem or inappropriate parts problem. Either the bulb is too high wattage, which give off too much heat, or the chrome coating is not heat resistant enough to withstand the heat. I say this because I have a background in electronics. I was told that I would have to pay $1144 for the headlight assembly plus labor. I do not think I should have to pay for something that was caused by the manufacturer"S design or inappropriate parts installed during the production of these vehicles. I feel it is appropriate for GMC to replace these light fixtures at no cost to the vehicle owner. I have routinely taken my vehicle in for maintenance and no one has ever mentioned there was a problem with the daytime running lights. I recently had a safety inspection done on my vehicle and a few days later I noticed the driver's side daytime running light bulb needed replacing. I have gone online and found numerous complaint about this problem with these daytime running lights. This is not an isolated situation.

- Jacksonville, NC, USA

Feb 282014

Acadia

The contact owns a 2011 GMC Acadia. The contact stated that the headlights on the vehicle were cracked and the daytime running lamps overheated and malfunctioned. The dealer recommended that the headlights and daytime running lamps be replaced. The vehicle was repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 52,000.

- Corpus Christi, TX, USA

Jun 172014

Acadia

Daytime running light housing and wiring melted. Dealer refuses to fix and wants $1000 to repair what is now a known issue with the design. This is a fire hazard and will reoccur after replacement.

- O'fallon, MO, USA

Oct 252013

Acadia

The contact owns a 2011 GMC Acadia. The contact stated that the front driver's side head light failed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection where they stated that the head light assembly had overheated, melted and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 92,000.

- Lexington, TX, USA

Jun 122012

Acadia

The contact owns a 2011 GMC Acadia. The contact stated that the day time running lights had failed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection and they stated that the bulb had gotten too hot and melted the casing, light bulb, and housing unit. The components needed to be replaced for both head lights. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 20,000.

- Lovland, OH, USA

Jun 032013

Acadia 6-cyl

Head light mounts have melted due to heat from the daytime headlight bulbs. Now I cannot maintain functioning daytime running lights. Bulbs burn out in just a few days use. GM claims this is not a safety issue and therefore will not replace the headlight units.

- Hutchinson, KS, USA

Jul 172013

Acadia 6-cyl

Headlight connector was overheating and melted.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Aug 152012

Acadia 6-cyl

Passenger side daytime running light stopped working. Took to dealer and bulb was replaced. Within a few months, bulb was out again. Returned to dealer in June 2013 and discovered part of the fixture wiring had melted. Dealer repaired under extended warranty. The same day we picked it up, the driver side daytime running light went out. Returned to dealer on June 21, 2013 and discovered melted wiring again. We have gone through three bulbs and had to replace the melted wiring components on both daytime running lights. Also have an unsolved issue of high beams working off and on. There is definitely a serious wiring/electrical problem that needs to be investigated. This could pose a potentially serious fire hazard. There is no way this is not some type of manufacturing defect!

- New Braunfels, TX, USA