3.4

2012 GMC Acadia accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 GMC Acadia:

2012 GMC Acadia Owner Comments

Apr 152015

Acadia

Exact problem as described by other owner...when the wipers are on and and the left turn signal is activated, the wipers stop working. To get them working again I have to turn the wipers all the way off and back on again or turn off the turn signal. In the rain I have to decide which is more important visibility or using my directional. Now wiper will only work on high 6 mos later

- Xenia, OH, USA

Jun 012015

- Millington, MI, USA

Oct 012015

Acadia

When the wipers are on and and the left turn signal is activated, the wipers stop working. To get them working again I have to turn the wipers all the way off and back on again or activate the right turn signal. In the rain I have to decide which is more important visibility or using my directional. Not a good choice to have to make.

- Utica, IL, USA

Apr 182015

Acadia

Windshield wipers work inconsistently. Visibility can be lost causing an accident.

- Union, OH, USA

Apr 152014

Acadia 6-cyl

Driving on the highway, conditions consist of very heavy rain. Passenger wiper bolt came loose and cause the wiper blade to tangle up with driver wiper. Driver wiper now bent, passenger wiper now stopped working. Driver wiper now did not have enough tension because it was bent to clean the window adequately. I do remember a recall on this problem and did receive a letter from GMC to take the truck back to the dealer. I did take this vehicle back to the dealer in 2012 they said they addressed the problem. I only go to the dealer for repairs and maintenance on this vehicle. I had a small wrench and was able to tighten the bolt up on the passenger wiper. The reason I am submitting this is because the fix GMC suggested does not seem to work. I am scheduled to take the vehicle back to the dealer on Saturday. I hope the fix works this time. Seems the solution of using a lock bolt or lock tight would stop the bolt from coming loose. This could be a very dangerous situation and I hope this is further investigated.

- Manahawkin, NJ, USA