3.8

2012 GMC Acadia fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 GMC Acadia:

2012 GMC Acadia Owner Comments

Sep 272016

Acadia

Chassis electronic control module internal contamination - GMC recall 14515 - this is a recall on a lot of GM cars and trucks which includes the 2012 GMC Acadia but my VIN doesn't qualify. This control module is exposed to water and all of the elements which is why there is a recall. Ours failed yesterday at highway speeds and the car died at 60 mph. We were lucky to be heading to the exit when it died and not involved in a crash. I've spoken to 3 GMC service centers in the area and the GMC assistance center and they tell me that my VIN does not have any recalls. Very dangerous situation that occurred and all of these vehicles need to be fixed.

- Floyds Knobs, IN, USA

Mar 012014

Acadia

The first thing that I want to say is that some of the recalls are not for the 2012 model but mine has had the issues with the fuel moduler not reading correctly as in one recall and also the shifter clip causing the vehicle to not be in the correct gear. What do I do? also the second thing is the A/C broke within the 3rd year of having it. The third thing to go wrong is the power steering. It comes and goes but as long as I push on the gas I have power steering. I'm very concerned about the fuel moduler because my daughter drives this vehicle also traveling the interstate to work and also a very populated secondary road.

- Fairmont, WV, USA

Nov 172015

Acadia

Highway, vehicle in front kicked up a backpack unable to avoid, when speed was lowered, odor of gasoline noticed, stopped, fuel tank leaking, towed to nearest dealer. Photo attached

- Ashburn, VA, USA

Jun 082015

Acadia

My fuel gauge is reading empty and the miles left is not working. Even though I have gas in the tank.

- Okc, OK, USA

Jan 222013

Acadia 6-cyl

Either I got a lemon, which is definitely a possibility, or there are significant issues w/ GMC as a manufacturer which is evident. The american car industry just won't do business differently but then again, they don't have to- they get bailed out by the government repeatedly. I leased this vehicle in October, 2012. The issues cited above, were related to 3 bad fuel ignition valves, they were replaced finally after I took the car back to 2 different dealers and nearly 6 months of complaining. The issue was when accelerating, the rpms would stick at around 5-6 when I was traveling around speeds of 45 mph to 60 mph. The transmission wouldn't shift into the next gear. This was highway driving, but will happen on 4 lane roads as well. During the same time frame, the stability of the car in ice/snow only worked if the tow package feature was turned on. Otherwise, I spun out leaving our neighborhood going down a slope at speeds of less than 30 mph. Dealer said it didn't make sense and did nothing. I just keep the tow feature on during snow/ice/rain. Electrical issues, heating/cooling system wasn't working correctly, it wasn't heating unless the temp was put at 80 degrees. Only thing dealer would concede was there was a kink in the hose. It's happening again- we have to set the A/C at 60 in order for it to cool the car down. Very disappointed in this car. Once again, the issue with the rpms and heating/cooling system is happening again. I'm paying off this lease early and hopefully will not get a penalty. This is a poorly made car.

- Parker, CO, USA

Feb 122014

Acadia

Put fuel in vehicle, pull away and about a mile from fueling up the fuel light comes on warning me that the fuel is low.

- Ruffin, NC, USA

Jun 012013

Acadia

On several occasion after driving the vehicle for several minutes, gas gauge fluxes from 1/2 tank to empty with yellow warning light becoming engage, after shutting it off and turning back on the gauge goes back to normal, this is happening all the time and has been looked at by a certified GMC dealer. Dealer did state that there was a letter out about this problem but the current way of solving it is not working.

- Rochester, NY, USA