2012 GMC Acadia miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 GMC Acadia:

2012 GMC Acadia Owner Comments

Jul 132016

My wife's 2012 GMC Acadia has been diagnosed with a cracked evaporator core in the air conditioning which the dealership says I will have no working air conditioning soon. The $2100 repair bill disappoints me on a 4 year old vehicle with 96,825 km but I chalk it up as something that can happen I guess. However, what is worthy of a complaint to recall is that the GMC dealership told me my Acadia was the 8th Acadia in the last 3 months with the same problem. Adding more fuel to the fire, I live in a town of 6,700 people with the 1 GMC dealership; that seems like a pretty poor track record for quality control in a small town and for GMC as a whole. Of course when I called GMC customer service, there was no recalls presently on the issue I have and that they would note it. Personally they must have access to how many Acadia's have had the same problem and should from a customer service standpoint, at least investigate that if it is a common problem, recall the vehicles now and not when warranties are expired. Hoping this provokes action!

- Peace River, MT, USA

Dec 102015

Sunroof leak driving during rainstorm water began pouring in on the driver side from the parking brake. Caused moldy smell, park brake on/off indicator light and brake on warning alarm now not working. Advised by glass co. And dealership that sunroof is causing leak from clogged drain lines and faulty seals. No recalls or tsb's but hundreds of other owners have had the same issue from 2008-2013 models. Ntsb should demand that GMC address this faulty product. Problem re-occurred during car wash following rain storm. Vehicle has only 30,000 miles, original owner, now out of warranty. GMC will not cover repairs.

- Gilbert, AZ, USA

Feb 112016

Took our Acadia to the dealership where it was purchased, for liftgate recall, worked fine before the work was done, now it pops and jerks at the the top of the lift. Dealership told us it was normal...I don't feel like it is.

- Hollywood, MD, USA

Aug 202015

After my liftgate opened, it shuddered and came crashing 3/4's of the way down. Had I been in the way, I would have been hit and undoubtedly injured. Very dangerous situation which has caused me to be unable to use my vehicle for which it is intended - I cannot access the cargo area for loading and unloading heavy and large items.! I purchased this vehicle explicitly for it's large cargo area and easy accessibility. I now have a very difficult time loading and unloading heavy and bulky items from the backseat of my car.

- Oldtown, ID, USA

Aug 092015

I pressed the power lift gate button it opened & I was placing a bag in back of car when the lift gate went down without warning & hit me in the head. Causing a head injury that required medical attention 2 head lacerations that required 7 staples

- Middletown Ny, NY, USA

Jun 112015

Automatic tailgate was activated and it preceeded to the top and stopped. I leaned into the back to get something out and the tailgate came crashing down with no warning, hitting my back and did not rebound. If my child had been standing there next to me he could have been killed. The force from the supports giving out dropped the door with full force. I am just thankful it didn't hit my neck or head. There should be a secondary catch for the door to prevent this from happening. Someone could easily be killed.

- Buford, GA, USA