NHTSA — Structure: Body Problems

9.1

2013 GMC Acadia body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 GMC Acadia:

2013 GMC Acadia Owner Comments

Sep 162013

Acadia 6-cyl

While dropping off some kindergarteners after a playdate, I was parked in my friends driveway and left 2 children in the car with the doors closed. As I stood there with my friend next to the car, I noticed flames shooting out the front left passenger tire. We got the kids out, the car was filling with thick smoke, and turned off the ignition. We called 911 and the fire department arrived within 4 minutes and were able to put the fire out and disable the battery. GM had the car picked up and dropped us a brand new 2014 Acadia a few weeks later at no charge. We were told it was an electrical problem with the windshield wipers but I wanted to be sure this incident was reported since no one asked for a formal report. I just want to be sure this doesnt occur to any other families that may have worse consequences.

- Westport, CT, USA