2014 GMC Acadia accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 GMC Acadia:

2014 GMC Acadia Owner Comments

Dec 112015

Vehicle was stationary and in motion display read airbag malfunction warning light. Took vehicle to randy marion GMC in huntersville, nc to be fixed. Electrical connecter problem "due to corrosion " was "fixed" only to have error light come on again 24hrs later. This is a new vehicle with only 24,000 miles on it and is garage kept. Randy marion gave is a loaner vehicle and was going to order new connectors for the airbag. We dropped truck off on Saturday, December 12th and finally had it returned to us the following Friday afternoon, December 18th "fixed again." This morning, driving family to the store, my father-in-law said that his seat was not stable. We discovered seat was not bolted down and returned truck back to randy marion Buick-GMC. Service manager apologized and said it was an oversight and not bolting the seat back down. Waiting to get our truck back in working a safe condition. Terrible!!!

- Davidson, NC, USA

Nov 142014

I have had my 2014 GMC Acadia denali for a little over 6 months. Since that time I have driven a significant number of miles. A few months ago I started have neck pain and I could not adjust the seat head rest to a comfortable state. On November 14th 2014, I had an er visit after the nerve pain in my arm was so severe I could not stand it. On December 22nd 2014 I had to have surgery for a herniated disc below my C6 vertebra. Because it was causing nerve pain in my arm and loss of strength. I have seen other complains online with these neck rests and complaints of injury in the GMC Acadia vehicles. I have contacted my GMC dealer and GMC customer complaints and there is no solution. The problem, is the head rest come too far forward and do not lock in place. They can be pushed forward and back without depressing the button. Also the head rest to not adjust up with enough height so I can not adjust the head rest up enough for my 6' 3" height. I wish GM would take this problem seriously.

- Wildwood, MO, USA