4.4

2014 GMC Acadia body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 GMC Acadia:

2014 GMC Acadia Owner Comments

Feb 252016

Acadia

The contact owns a 2014 GMC Acadia. The contact stated that there was premature rust and corrosion near the rear framing as well as corroded wiring in the vehicle. In addition, the vehicle stalled and was towed to the dealer where it was diagnosed that there was extensive rust and corrosion on the wiring harness. The red and white wiring was frayed and caused the wiring harness to rub against the exhaust pipe. The damaged electrical wires caused a failure in proper voltage due to the failure. The dealer diagnosed that the electrical wires and the wiring harness needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 42,000.

- Washington Township, MI, USA

Oct 262014

Acadia

We have had the car since January and I guess today was the first day I have driven the car with the back windows down. I took my dog with me so I rolled down the back windows when I did this the whole car started shaking and you could see in the rearview mirror that the back doors shook hard. The shaking made a load racket that hurt me ears. It happened with either back window down but was worst with the driver side. It was real bad with both windows down. I did not get the shaken with the front windows down and the back windows up. It only accured when the back windows were down. It happened at 65 miles an hour and at 40 miles an hour. It has to be a design flaw because it was bad. I first thought it was a bad tire but it went away with windows up and only came back when back windows were down. After making sure the tires were ok, I played with the windows to see when the vibration started and got worst. The vibration would start when either back window would get a fourth of the way down and would get worst as the windows would go down. The faster I went the worst it got. No vibration ever happened when just the front windows were down and no vibration when all windows were up. The car would vibrate enough that it scared me and I think someone needs to look into it and test drive our car thank you

- Bakersfield, CA, USA