2014 GMC Acadia brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 GMC Acadia:

2014 GMC Acadia Owner Comments

Jun 082016

The contact owns a 2014 GMC Acadia. While driving 40 mph, the vehicle began to vibrate and the traction control, electronic stability control, and check engine warning lights illuminated. The contact mentioned that the vehicle failed to accelerate when the accelerator pedal was depressed. The contact also stated that the vehicle had to be restarted in order for the failure to stop. The failure recurred intermittently. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed, but the cause of the failure was not found. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 24,000.

- Justice, IL, USA

Jan 262016

Acadia 6-cyl

Twice in the past week I have had the same problem with the stability track sensor turning off while driving. When this happened the engine power decreased. When trying to get the vehicle off the road, it was like I had lost power steering because it was a fight to turn the wheel. Prior to this we have also noticed that when the vehicle shifts gears, quite often it is a very hard shift to the point it shakes the whole car and feels like it is stalling. Not sure if that is a transmission issue or something to do with the fuel injection.

- Gray, GA, USA

Mar 312015

Acadia 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2014 GMC Acadia. While driving approximately 55 mph and attempting to accelerate, the vehicle's speed decreased after the service stabilitrak and service traction control warning indicators illuminated. The contact continued to drive the vehicle with the speed decreasing while driving up hills. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. But was not diagnosed or repaired; however, the mechanic stated that it appeared that the throttle body was faulty and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure recurred on one other occasion. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 14,000. Updated 09/01/2015 updated 10/14/2015

- White Hall, AR, USA

Nov 212014

Acadia 6-cyl

I was traveling on the highway at about 70 mph in the left lane and the engine began to sputter like it was going to stall. It dropped my speed to 60 without warning. I had a vehicle behind me going the same speed and had to quickly move to the right to avoid getting hit. The check engine light came on and the traction control / stabilitrac turned off. Brought it to the dealer and they told me I was using the wrong gas. They cleaned carbon out of the intake valves. I have put gas in it twice since then, at shell, which is what they told me to use. It happened again today 12/9 when I was going around a corner in the rain. This time it said service stabilitrak and service traction control with the check engine light flashing and the engine sputtering. I had been going through a puddle at the time so I almost lost control of the vehicle. Called the dealer and they told me they had no record of me bringing it in on the 21st. I am bringing it back to them on the 15th because that is the first time they will have a loaner available for me. I am now afraid to drive my car because of the danger of sliding and losing control. I have no warning of when this is going to happen and I have not been able to pin point it happening at any certain mileage or such. Very scary when it happens.

- Ansonia, CT, USA