2014 GMC Acadia brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 GMC Acadia:

2014 GMC Acadia Owner Comments

Feb 052016

The contact owns a 2014 GMC Acadia. The contact stated that while driving at 50 mph, the vehicle accelerated independently without warning. In addition, the steering wheel and the brakes failed. The contact also stated that the heater motor fan increased in temperature and the radio volume increased. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician informed the contact that they could not duplicate the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 24,000.

- Staunton, IL, USA

Aug 172014

Acadia 6-cyl

On 08/17/14 at approximately 15:30, I was backing up in my driveway from a major roadway and my vehicle suddenly lost all power, steering and brakes. I looked at the driver information center and it said something like "power loss" and "battery". I was in too big of a hurry to put it in park and restart the vehicle and get out of the road to concentrate on what it was saying. I signed a lease for this vehicle on July 3, 2014 and actually was told after I signed all the papers that my vehicle was one that was involved in the ignition recall and to please drop it off at this dealer on Monday, July 7, 2014 so they could replace the ignition. On Monday, July 7, 2014, the dealer picked my vehicle up from my workplace, I'm just down the road. I picked my vehicle up on my way home. From that time forward, I noticed occasionally I was unable to turn the key in the ignition. Like sometimes when your steering wheel is just wrong. After a few attempts, I was able to start the vehicle. This happened maybe 5-6 times. On 08/18/14, I tried to contact my salesman and he is on vacation until next Monday. I have not called the dealer back yet to report this, I am at work. My motivation for reporting this is that the ignition was replaced because of the recall. Now, I don't know that is the reason for the power failure on Saturday, but I am suspicious of that replacement ignition. It's a brand new vehicle!

- Mount Morris, MI, USA

Jan 282014

Acadia 6-cyl

When accelerating between 10 and 20 miles per hour, something underneath the body of the car, moves in a circular motion and clunks underneath the gas pedal. This movement can be felt under the gas pedal and floor as well as heard. This occurs 80-90 percent of the time after starting the vehicle. The vehicle also shifts hard into gear at about this mph. The dealership has tested several Acadias and found a GM bulletin on this event. The GM bulletin indicates this is a "normal" cycling of the ABS brake system that occurs on the Acadia and Chevy traverse models. So far GM has been unwilling to resolve this issue, yet because it is a brake issue and is felt under the gas pedal, the safety of this vehicle is highly concerning to me. I drive a variety of vehicles for work and do not experience this rotation and clunk with any other vehicle. I am concerned about my safety.

- Austin, TX, USA

Apr 062010

Acadia 6-cyl

Was going to back out of my garage when I put the shifter into reverse. When the shifter was in reverse, it shifted out of gear on its own into drive and it went forward slamming front end of the vehicle into a refrigerator. Causing the refrigerator to be completely destroyed and the front end of the hood to become crooked. This is very dangerous and concerning as had their been someone in front of the vehicle it would have more than likely seriously hurt them or killed them. I have also had other incidents when driving the vehicle that it will shift from drive to low on its own and this happens frequently at least 3 times per week.

- Sunnyside, WA, USA