6.4

2014 GMC Acadia engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 GMC Acadia:

2014 GMC Acadia Owner Comments

Feb 052016

Acadia

The contact owns a 2014 GMC Acadia. The contact stated that while driving at 50 mph, the vehicle accelerated independently without warning. In addition, the steering wheel and the brakes failed. The contact also stated that the heater motor fan increased in temperature and the radio volume increased. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician informed the contact that they could not duplicate the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 24,000.

- Staunton, IL, USA

Mar 312015

Acadia 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2014 GMC Acadia. While driving approximately 55 mph and attempting to accelerate, the vehicle's speed decreased after the service stabilitrak and service traction control warning indicators illuminated. The contact continued to drive the vehicle with the speed decreasing while driving up hills. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. But was not diagnosed or repaired; however, the mechanic stated that it appeared that the throttle body was faulty and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure recurred on one other occasion. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 14,000. Updated 09/01/2015 updated 10/14/2015

- White Hall, AR, USA

Jan 022014

Acadia

The Acadia's fuel gauge just stops working and then starts again. The vehicle has a jerky motion when slowing down around any curves...like the engine has to catch up.

- Milton, LA, USA

Mar 132014

Acadia 6-cyl

While I was driving my car in traffic, the green car indicator light came on and slowed down my speed to a complete stop. I pulled over and allowed cars to go around me as I tried to restart the vehicle, 3 times, and it would not start. I called onstar to see if they could do a car check and told me nothing was wrong. After an hour of being stuck on the side of the road with a car that would not start, onstar got me a tow truck and towed me to the dealer ship. The dealer ship at first could not figure out what was wrong with the car and tried to see if it was the indicator light, after 3 days the called me and informed me that the battery had a bad cell which had caused the cars system to shut down immediately while I was driving. They gave me a new battery and that cleared up that problem. I am very concerned with this happening to someone on a highway, imagine if someone could not control there car and speed while doing 70 mph in the fast lane, this could easily cause a car crash!!! I was fortunate to be in a neighborhood only going 25 mph but it still could have caused a accident since there was cars behind me. It was a scary situation as I realized I had no control of my car, please make people aware of this because I have heard of GM have more bad batteries!

- Bethel Park, PA, USA