8.0

2014 GMC Acadia lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 GMC Acadia:

2014 GMC Acadia Owner Comments

Nov 122014

Acadia

Bought car brand new 8-14. Since I have taken into dealership over 5 times regarding it stalling, and complete shut down while driving. First car would shut off when in reverse. Car turned off completely multiple times sitting at red lights. Then while I was driving 35 miles on residential street I had complete failure, car turned off. Was able to restart and drive. Car takes a couple seconds to turn over when first putting key in. Noticed recall in 10-14 for exact issue but GMC dealer in concord ca says my car is not included in it. Interior lights go on at random along with headlights. Gas gauge in "miles" reading on dash lowers by 20+ miles each time I drop kids off at school 5 miles away. Each time I have taken it to dealer, dealer stated they are unable to duplicate the events, no warning codes are showing and they can not find what's wrong with the car. Shocker. Brand new cars do not operate this way and these issues are very serious as deaths could occur when car shuts down while driving. Taking it to dealer again.

- Concord, CA, USA

Jan 082014

Acadia

2014 GMC Acadia headlights do not shine out far enough to see the road ahead or to each side when turning. I feel like I have a dark hood over the top part of my eyes and this hood "bounces" as you travel--very distracting, irritating, and unsafe. When driving at night, I always have my fog lights on, but even that does not help much. When driving on a hilly, curvy road, it is impossible to see the road ahead & sides--scares the heck out of me! I love this Acadia, but refuse to drive it on a trip when I know I will be driving at night and would be scared to death if it would rain at night--so we take our other vehicle on most trips. I have found other complaints about the Acadia headlights for the 2013 and 2015 models. Also found many complaints about the 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 pickups that sound just like my concerns. I have complained to our local dealership a couple times and will continue to do so. Surely GMC will wake up and realize that these headlights create dangerous nighttime driving conditions. This is a safety issue that needs to be addressed!

- Malden, MO, USA

Dec 132014

Acadia 6-cyl

Two separate warranty claims. Dealer did replace all tail light assemblies- once on normal warranty claim, the second incident (lhs only) on customer satisfaction basis. Issue> rear tail light lens clouds up with condensation / water to the point that stop light visibility is affected. Approx 50% of the lens is covered internally with water droplets and condensation potentially violating FMVSS safety standard for visibility. Apparently the lamp assembly is not sealed and permits water intrusion. Condensation does not clear up adequately- in my case after 16 miles of driving or leaving the SUV outside overnight. Response from dealer: GM issued a letter stating warranty claims will not be honored for water condensation on tail light lens.

- Rochester Hills, MI, USA