2014 GMC Acadia seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 GMC Acadia:

2014 GMC Acadia Owner Comments

Aug 282016

Acadia

The contact owns a 2014 GMC Acadia. While driving 25 mph, the driver's side and passenger side curtain air bags deployed without warning or impact. A police report was filed and no injuries were sustained. The vehicle was towed to a dealer where a GMC manufacturer representative inspected the vehicle. The failure mileage was 30,000.

- Armonk, NY, USA

Sep 162016

Acadia

We have had the vehicle back to the dealer 3 times for items related to the air bag system recalls since 2015. At one point we were asked to turn the car off and see if the light goes out once the car is re-started. Well, the air bag light is back on and once again it won't go out. I am waiting for it to randomly deploy while my wife or myself are driving it.

- Kingwood, WV, USA

Jul 102015

Acadia

The air bag light will constantly come on and go off. Sometimes it will stay on for a day, week, month. I received a letter from GMC about the problem but they will only fix the problem if the vehicle is under 72,000 miles. I bought mine used at 82,000. I don't understand how this is not a safety recall. Was told by tech, when I called to see how much to fix, that if the light is on and I have a wreck the bags won't deploy. Letter states that the problem is the "pretension wire harness connectors experiencing intermittent high resistance". this problem has been happening ever since I bought the vehicle used in July 2015

- Madison, MS, USA

Apr 132016

Acadia

The contact owns a 2014 GMC Acadia. The contact stated that the air bag warning light remained illuminated. The failure recurred several times. The vehicle had not been diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 28,000.

- Bedford Heights, OH, USA

Jan 012016

Acadia

The "service air bag" light continues to go on and off. We have been to the dealer several times and they can't figure out what's wrong with it. They replaced one air bag 1st, fixed the contact 2nd and installed some kit the 3rd time. The light continues to go on for days and then go off. This started not long after I got the car. I will take it in again but there is something wrong they don't know about.

Dec 112015

Acadia

Vehicle was stationary and in motion display read airbag malfunction warning light. Took vehicle to randy marion GMC in huntersville, nc to be fixed. Electrical connecter problem "due to corrosion " was "fixed" only to have error light come on again 24hrs later. This is a new vehicle with only 24,000 miles on it and is garage kept. Randy marion gave is a loaner vehicle and was going to order new connectors for the airbag. We dropped truck off on Saturday, December 12th and finally had it returned to us the following Friday afternoon, December 18th "fixed again." This morning, driving family to the store, my father-in-law said that his seat was not stable. We discovered seat was not bolted down and returned truck back to randy marion Buick-GMC. Service manager apologized and said it was an oversight and not bolting the seat back down. Waiting to get our truck back in working a safe condition. Terrible!!!

- Davidson, NC, USA

Oct 122015

Acadia

For the 3rd time in <1 yr, the airbag light came on. The 1st time they had to replace the passenger side air bag, lay 15K miles, the 2nd time, they repaired the electrical connection at 19K miles, this last time they had to replace the tensioner kit at 22K miles. These air bag issues should not be happening this often when I've only had the car for 15 months and bought it new.

Aug 212015

Acadia

Drivers seat air bag was replaced 2 months ago after service air bag light came on. Service air bag light came back on today.

Jun 192015

Acadia

Service air bag light went on and off for a few weeks, then it went off for a while, and came on again and stayed on. Drivers seat air bag was diagnosed as being the problem and was replaced.

Feb 012015

Acadia 6-cyl

Vehicle slid on ice off the road at a relatively slow speed (15-20 mph). The vehicle went into a snow embankment. Because there was minimal if any impact; the vehicle did not have even a scratch on the exterior. However all the airbags in the vehicle deployed. This includes the drivers side, the passenger side, and all curtain airbags on both sides all around the vehicle. The front passenger airbag hit the passenger in the forehead causing a small contusion. We had 2 glass bowls on the back seat behind the driver that didn't even move, further substantiating the lack of impact. GM has had a history of issues with airbag deployment in their vehicles and we feel this is an incident of a faulty deployment. Had there been a child in the backseat the situation could have been very different and had a very bad outcome related to the airbag deployment in this situation.

- Gibsonia, PA, USA

Jul 102014

Acadia

The contact owns a 2014 GMC Acadia. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the switch needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 10,400. The VIN was not available.

- Murrieta, CA, USA

May 012014

Acadia 6-cyl

I was hit by a Ford F-150 that was going approx. 55 mph. It hit me on my rear driver's side directly by the back door and gas tank. I was the only passenger in the vehicle. None of the airbags deployed even though my Acadia was spun and the driver's side door was impacted by the passenger's side door causing it to be unusable and unable to open. My head hit and shoulder the driver's side window and hip and left leg hit the driver's side door leaving pulled muscles and bruises and a slight concussion. Esis/GM told me that GM would is not responsible for the airbags not deploying due to "being hit incorrectly by the other vehicle".

- Youngsville, LA, USA